Exertion headaches

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jun 30, 2013 12:00pm
via Android

Anyone else get headaches when lifting or running? Recently I've started to get extremely bad headaches when I run or during lifting.

30 Jun
Helllo I do
30 Jun
I have the same problem/:
30 Jun
I used to but they went away. My son gets them now.
01 Jul
I used to get these if I worked out on an empty tummy. Alwaya try to eat at least an hour before my workout now ;)
03 Jul
That means your not drinking enough water an you need to focus on breathing
Image_thumb
144 Posts
Jul 1, 2013 3:20am

With headaches there can be lots of causes, but a pretty common one, esp. post-workout is dehydration or that you whacked your electrolytes/blood chemsitry when you were sweating, and you didn't replace that. If you aren't drinking enough, try drinking more. If you are drinking but it's water or gatorade, consider an electrolyte replacer, esp. if you're sweating a lot during an extended workout.   I've used Nuun which isn't overly sweet and has zero calories (so you can control your carlorie/carb intake through other means) but you can also go for other drinks. I have tried Cytomax, Hammer and Gu, all of which will give you more than plain water.

Image_thumb
144 Posts
Jul 1, 2013 3:20am

With headaches there can be lots of causes, but a pretty common one, esp. post-workout is dehydration or that you whacked your electrolytes/blood chemsitry when you were sweating, and you didn't replace that. If you aren't drinking enough, try drinking more. If you are drinking but it's water or gatorade, consider an electrolyte replacer, esp. if you're sweating a lot during an extended workout.   I've used Nuun which isn't overly sweet and has zero calories (so you can control your carlorie/carb intake through other means) but you can also go for other drinks. I have tried Cytomax, Hammer and Gu, all of which will give you more than plain water.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51