Flat feet help

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
92 Posts
Jul 10, 2013 7:23am
via Android

Recently I began a campaign to lower my 100m dash time and get in better shape for next track season. As a result I thought to do insanity a 2nd time as my first time through it was full of excess recovery days.

The problem is that while my drive to complete the program is strong my feet refuse to follow through and give out just within the 2nd runthrough of the warmup long before I begin to really feel the exercise.

Is their anything I can better do to prep my flat feet for cardiovascular training with out all the stress on my ankles and nonexistent curve?

Image_thumb
92 Posts
Jul 11, 2013 5:52am
via Android

Anything?

Image_thumb
731 Posts
Jul 11, 2013 7:43am
via iOS
Find some good shoes you can workout in. Thats the best I got.
Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Jul 11, 2013 8:41am
via Android

Tbh i would visit your doctor. There are feet supporters who resolve this problem. Those supporters place your feet in the right position and release the pressure on your joints. That seems like a legit sollution to me.

The other solution is look closely at your running/walking technique and work to improve it. Its not easy but its worth it.

Image_thumb
26 Posts
Jul 11, 2013 9:16am
via Android

I have to agree with previous poster. See your doctor or podiatrist. I have flat feet and also walk/stand with pigeon toes. Growing up I dealt with it but finally at 20 I saw a podiatrist, got orthotics to help with that issue. I can now go for runs, do some jump training whereas I couldn't do any before. I still have some issues but mostly that is caused by not wearing my orthotics or bad shoes.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51