Is it dangerous not to rest?

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
64 Posts
Jul 14, 2013 10:50am

I am so much "adictive" to sports that I can't find a day to rest and do nothing. To not overtrain I look to do different things each days, muscle - cardio - another muscle - cardio - heavy bag... Anyway, today my whole body is in pain - not much but still is. But besides that I am still looking for a possibility to train, in my mind. Could I have a negative consequences? P.s. I am not much into bodybilding as I am in flexibility, sports, and funcional muscle. Eat like a bodybuilder, train like athlete.

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jul 14, 2013 11:29am
via Android

It is sort of dangerous not to rest as it leaves your body no time to recover from the hard work you put it through during workouts. In order for your body to grow it needs to repair and if theirs no rest then it cant and any more exercise with no rest will cause more damage than good.

Image_thumb
64 Posts
Jul 14, 2013 12:34pm

Thanks a lot guys. Your advices were really helpful and made me think about some changes which would actually improve my performance. And Bryan. thank you for inspiring words. I will check out your reference about Japanese study. Have a nice summer both of you. :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51