How much excersise is to much?

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
68 Posts
Jul 18, 2013 10:56pm
via Android

Im doing 3 hours of excersise a day .

18 Jul
As long as you eat good. But the hours dont say much bout the quality or intensity
Jul 19, 2013 1:07am
via Android

You can get do short HIIT training with less time. But if it takes you 3 hours to get a good workout in then you might be going to easy

19 Jul
What's hitt
19 Jul
It means High Intensity Interval Training. Go look it up. Bit I will give you an example as well. Do some burpees for 1 minute and see how you feel.
Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
Jul 19, 2013 1:24am
via Android

HIIT may not always work for some, and those who are wanting to try it should already be at a reasonably high fitness level. Hiit drains a lot of energy out of you and you may feel nauseated or lifeless after the workout. You should exercise until you are satisfied with your workout and have a rest.

Jul 19, 2013 2:16am
via Android

Any workout could be draining. You gotta push yourself!

Image_thumb
226 Posts
Jul 19, 2013 4:31am
via iOS
Three hours a day is a lot of exercise. It may even be too much depending on what your goals are and whether you have just started working out or not. That much exercise everyday will make your muscles very fatigued and will not give them adequate healing time. If your workouts are really intense, you could even get some major muscular overuse problems. Not only that, but also you may get upset if results do not come quickly enough; that usually leads to a period of your being sedentary. Then you start working out again, and the cycle goes on. This leads nowhere. I would take one or two rest days every week and make my workouts shorter, so that they are not as dreadful, and I actually enjoy them. It is better to do shorter workouts five days a week for the rest of your life then to do super long workouts for a week every few months.
19 Jul
I'm not sure about this, but since I entered highschool and was accepted into my school's softball team, along with friends who weren't even fit to begin with, we were immediately subjected to 3 trainings per week, each training was an intensive 4 hours. We were not allowed to sit or walk (only walk if we were carrying heavy equipments, or stand when we were drinking water) and only to jog if we wanted a break. The routine was run, which was around 2-4 rounds around a 0.6km track, then do some warmup which was followed by exercises like running...
19 Jul
But that was 3 days a week; I was talking about everyday. Also, I was talking about training by yourself, not on a team. When you have a team, you are less likely to get burned out, and you are more likely to work harder.
Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Jul 19, 2013 8:59am
via Android

45mins a day at a moderate to high intensity is enough.

Image_thumb
70 Posts
Jul 19, 2013 9:09am
via Android

Everyone is different.   Talk to your dr to see what your body can handle.  If you don't want to talk to your dr, you probably already know you are doing too much.  Be smart and be healthy!!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51