Released to exercise after surgery

3 posts | Original | Recent
5 Posts
Jul 23, 2013 5:49am
via Android

Hi! I have just been released to exercise after a major surgery. I need to ease into, right now no weights for my upper body, but need to build strength back. Lower, abdomen, back. I would Luke something full body but will not kill me either. I used to exercise hardcore before my surgery I cannot go back to this yet. Any suggestions on workouts from this trainer? Thank you!

24 Jul
Hi Jennifer. I had a major foot surgery April 5 and was non weight bearing for a month. I kept my upper body and core as fit as I could :-/ but I finally got the full release to start easing back into exercise end of May. (BTW I don't know how to ease. LOL) The moderate or casual cardio or yoga on here are good. It's not so much the which work out you chose, but how intense you chose to go. Honestly, I would find workouts I like (I love the P90x videos) and just modify movements until...
147 Posts
Jul 23, 2013 7:47am
via iOS
Scientific 7-Minute Workout

Are pretty doable exercises. Don't be scared by them being "intense." They really aren't. I usually substitute a few of the exercises for sit-ups and crunches (they don't focus too much on abs but more on upper body and mostly lower body).
23 Jul
Thank you!
39 Posts
Jul 24, 2013 7:02am
via Android

See a certified pt or exercise physiologist and let them monitor you preferably someone who specializes in post surgery exercises

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51