Hurting knees.

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Aug 4, 2013 3:25am
via Android

I'm new here, but Im Not new to trying to get in shape and lose weight. I was healthy before and gained a Ton of weight within the Last 5 yrs. Now my knees are constantly hurt making it hard to try to workout. Any advice.? Ive been trying to Do very light exercises but want to Do more.

04 Aug
Well start slow. Get two knee braces for each leg. Do floor excercises mainly. Riding a stationary bike will take stress off you knees while giving you good cardio. And take a tylenol are aspirin before workout.
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Aug 4, 2013 3:34am
via Android

Thank you! I never thought about a stationary bike.

Image_thumb
170 Posts
Aug 4, 2013 4:06am
via Android

I have the same issue too with my knees but I got used to it, it might be because of a condition that is in your feet I have it I do not know what they call it but it affects your lower back and your knees you should consult a doctor

Image_thumb
85 Posts
Aug 4, 2013 6:45am
via iOS
you could try kicking your feet up whenever you get the chance. rest joints always helps. I don't mean putting your feet on a table by the way it should be something that gives your entire legs support.
Image_thumb
160 Posts
Aug 7, 2013 3:40am
via Android

Bike or one legs squats or leg press but not to much weight n try lunges legs raises trust me these are easy workout for bad knees i had to do these plus more in rehab there more advance but i suggest u ask a doctor depend on how bad ur knee is

07 Aug
My knees are not super bad yet. I just can't do as much as I used to. I Will try these. Thank you!
Image_thumb
397 Posts
Aug 7, 2013 3:53pm
via iOS
Ice them alot when you feel its needed
Image_thumb
124 Posts
Aug 7, 2013 4:07pm
via Android

Also try water exercise! 

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Aug 12, 2013 3:53am
Start with swimming( no impact that causes jarring) or use a stationary bike then increase the resistance gradually then do quad strenghthening like squats, leg raises and even walk with resistance bands tied above your knees. I had a torn ACL so I ended up with a reconstructive knee surgery and that's what I did before and now I can tolerate jumping jacks and hopefully, I can start running. Take care!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51