Weak wrists, knees, and ankles

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
24 Posts
Sep 13, 2013 7:31am
via Android

I'm not really sure why but I seem to have weak knees and even worse wrists, which actually hurt sometimes after leaning on them, etc. Also for some strange reason my ankles seem to crack randomly, like when I'm walking or jumping they will crack. I'm 18 so I was figuring this wouldn't happen just yet. Any suggestions?

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Sep 13, 2013 8:09am
via Android

I must confess i have no clue on possible causes of these, but it seems to me  you need to see a doctor for guidance before you can embark on any strenuous exercise regime. most of us have to in order to avoid serious injury.

Image_thumb
21 Posts
Sep 13, 2013 10:52am
via Android

Increase your water intake and leave the sodas alone.

Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Sep 13, 2013 11:14am
via Android

Weak ankles and knees come alot of times by abusing them by wrong movement.

But its impossible to give advice jusy out of the blue. But what i can say is. Criticly look at your movement. And look up on youtube and google how you should walk and move.

17 Jul
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.
Image_thumb
92 Posts
Sep 13, 2013 8:51pm
via iOS
might be something your doing or not doing, might be arthritis, might be another genetic or medical problem, go see an orthopedic.
Image_thumb
22 Posts
Sep 14, 2013 4:35am
via iOS
I had the same problem when I was 13 and I had arthritis and I just got medication and vitamins and now it's gone and I'm stronger and I'm 15 I recommend you see a doctor
Image_thumb
22 Posts
Sep 14, 2013 4:37am
via iOS
I would also fracture my ankles and knees when running or jumping because they would crack a lot and that's bad too
Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Sep 21, 2013 8:42pm

Hi Jennifer,

If you are experiencing creaking and cracking in your wrists, knees and ankles at 18, the first thing I would do is find an experianced doctor who know what they are looking for when it comes to Rhumetoid Juvenile Arthiritis. From what you are describing (or what little you are describing) it sounds like the cartilidge between your joints is week and the Sinovial sac (fluid around your joints) is low on fluid - a very bad thing. Conversly, having too much fluid is also a very bad thing.

Seriously, find a good Doctor and have it check out. My Daughter was diagnosed at 3, this is not something you want to mess around with.

Chris

22 Sep
I will definitepy follow up on that! Thank youdo much! I knew there were times where its dangerous an you need to see a doctor but I had no idea it could be anything like this.
Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Sep 22, 2013 3:35am

no worries, just make sure that your doctor is familiar with JRA and the symptoms otherwise, they may blow it off as "growth platelete development issues". I will not lie, the tests you may have to endure are painful, but if it comes back as JRA, the treatments --such as cortisone shots, and pills, will make your life so much more tolerable and easier for you to workout. Infact, they will encourage you to workout and give you specific exercises to do for each area that will help buil the muscles and tendons around the joints.

Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

Chris

23 Sep
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!!!!!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51