Anyone with PCOS??

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
50 Posts
Sep 14, 2013 12:09pm
via Android

Do any of you ladies have PCOS? It's Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and physically it may cause cysts on your ovaries, hair in unwanted places (chin, etc), weight gain particularity in the stomach, irregular periods and a host if other issues.

Looking for other women who have this and how are you dealing with it?

Image_thumb
91 Posts
Sep 14, 2013 1:55pm
via Android

Yep I have PCOS.I was diagonised at 13,and Im 16 now.My gynaeo gives me pills to regulate my periods but as soon as Im off them I get all irregular again
My gynaeo said the only cure is losing weight-and he put me on a diet which made me really sick.

14 Sep
What meds did they put you on? I got diagnosed at 19. I had never had irregular periods before then.
14 Sep
I took something called Ginette
Image_thumb
35 Posts
Sep 15, 2013 1:20am
via Android

I have it too. I was diagnosed in 2012. Right now I'm on Metaformin .....My docs want me to lose weight also. Im not really good at taking my pills like I should. I know I need to stop playing with my life and keep it up. I am just really focused on losing this weight and getting down to a size 14 by December 8th. I'm a 18 or 20 right now. I'm on the HCG Diet right now. I was on it last year and lost a lot of weight but now I'm tryin to get healthy for a cruise and then I'm gonna do a marathon.

15 Sep
How old are you? I've tried to get put on Metformin because I heard it was great helping you lose weight if you had PCOS but my doctor won't put me on it for some reason. I'm going to be switching doctors soon though and see what happens. Do you have any kids?
15 Sep
I'm 27...no babies yet. You?
15 Sep
I just turned 25 on the 10th. I have an 8 yr old son. What is the HCG diet?
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Sep 15, 2013 7:29am
via Android

Hey guys. I have mild pcos but I also suffer from endometriosis which was diagnosed at the start of this year. The only thing my gyno prescribed was a strong contraceptive pil. But im able to function now without crippling pain. 

15 Sep
Do you have any side effects from the pill? PCOS and Endo?? That must suck :(
15 Sep
I have been on about 6 different pills since I was about 15. (Im now 20) I have finally found one that works for me. Many of the others would stop working or still leave me with crippling pains. I have finally found a pill that works and its a long term one so its made to be taken continuously for 5-6 months at a time. Which is really handy when you have to lie on a couch for a day or so. And it does suck but iv gotta live with it so no point being down about it....

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51