Foot pain/numbess

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
10 Posts
Sep 18, 2013 12:37am

Hey guys,

Since Ive started working out I have been experiencing some pretty uncomfortable pain/cramping and numbness in my feet. It was so bad in my yoga class that I just stopped going ( and i love yoga :( but its extremly discouraging. As well, in cardio exercises i seem to get the same cramping/numbness. I have changed my shoes and still get it (while not quite as bad) anyone else experience this? Any suggestions how to relieve it (espiecally so I can do yoga again!)

18 Sep
Do u have joint shock absorbers? Dr sholls inserts?
18 Sep
hey girl you ok
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Sep 18, 2013 2:42am
via iOS
Have you been eating right? Enough ions? I don't know why your feet would get numb unless your blood isn't circulating correctly or maybe your breathing pattern isn't right? I'm just trying to put some stuff out there. Haha
18 Sep
21 Sep
ya, Ive been clean eating for awhile now- I meal prep and eat 6 small meals a day. Perhaps it has to do with breathing- I never associated that... Im going to google the relation. Thanks!
Image_thumb
97 Posts
Sep 18, 2013 3:46am
via Android

If your feet hurt a lot, put a tennis ball on the floor and massage your foot with it. Rolling it back and forth , this helps me a lot. Since my feet occasionally hurt after jogging a lot .

Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Sep 18, 2013 10:53am
via Android

It sounds like plantar-facaitis. Go to a podiatrist (foot doctor) and have them check it out. You may just need inserts. Cost could be as low as $15-20 to $60.

21 Sep
I have insurance so perhaps it wouldnt hurt to get it checked out anyways and get some inserts. Thanks!
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Sep 18, 2013 11:08am
via Android

Hey.you what do you now

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Sep 18, 2013 11:09am
via Android
Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Sep 21, 2013 8:15pm

Hi Tamara,

If you are diagnosed with PF, do not buy Powerstep inserts from the doctor... the markup is insane; instead, go to http://www.protherapysupplies.com/PowerStep and buy them. Much cheaper and you get a dicount coupon to use at checkout. Also, if you need to more agressive ones, (Full Control) just call them for pricing. they will let you order them. I have about 8 pair. I switch them out every 6 months - typical life cycle depending on users weight and actual use.... (my running shoes get switched out every 3 months).

Also, Before you let him/her stick you with any Cortisone shots in your heal, go to your regular doctor and have a full hemeglobin panel run. The last thing you want is to find out that you are borderline diabetic--yes, you can be fit/thin and be diabetic-- and get a cortisone shot. That is just bad juju. Your sugars will spike through the roof and you will be going to the hospital from the foot doctor... Been there done that, got the bills to prove it.

In general, just go to your regular doctor first, have blood work done to rule out anything goofy--low potassium, or sugars, then have them check out your foot, if they think you need to go to the foot doctor, they will let you know. You could just need to stretch more.

Sorry for rambling,

Chris

Image_thumb
23 Posts
Mar 5, 2014 6:07am
via iOS
Hi Tamara. I have similar problems too. I have even gone magnetic resonance tomography whether i have hetina or not but it was ok. 2 minths i did yoga and it was like holding me normal. But now i am also being troubled with this. Did you find any info what to do or which workout helps?

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51