Is back pain normal?

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Oct 9, 2013 6:54pm
via Android

I'm 16 and I'm trying to stay fit but everytime I do workout involving lying on the mat and get back up (sit up, etc.) I feel my spine is hurting me. When I do torso twist, my bone will produce a cracking sound. When I walk my ankle will sound the same. This sound is so loud tgat people surround me could easily hear it. I ask my mom and she says it's because I was born with large sculpture and too thin for it. She says I'm only bone and muscle but I really hope that's not the reason because I want to fix this. If its gene, nothing I could do about it. Please help me I really love working out...

I'm sorry it's too long.

Image_thumb
512 Posts
Oct 9, 2013 7:06pm
via Android

continue working out and it will go away.

Image_thumb
170 Posts
Oct 9, 2013 7:35pm
via iOS
Look you might have to use a more cushioning mat so ur back wouldn't hurt or u might be doing some back excercises or abs excercises with wrong form do controlled and slow movements and u will see a difference ,or u might have to increase ur fibers intake because fibers surround the muscle and prevents its injury so try eating more beans  I sometimes get a cracking sound in my shoulders when I'm doing lateral shoulder raises but on any other excercise everything is normal, it might be the excercises u are doing that are causing such sounds :/
Image_thumb
59 Posts
Oct 9, 2013 7:43pm
via Android

it depends.on what kind of workout you did and if you rest (how long you rest after the workout)

Image_thumb
31 Posts
Oct 9, 2013 11:15pm
via Android

When you do sit ups, keep your back flat on the floor, engage your abs and execute a short, concentrated movement to raise just your shoulder blades off the floor. This should put less strain on your lower back. Good form is essential for almost all exercises and it would be worth you getting a trainer to show you what you should be doing. Yoga will also help you deal with bad posture and other habits that are causing you muscular/skeletal pain.

Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Oct 10, 2013 12:12am
via Android

Sounds to me more as a movement problem. If you are bones and muscle i woudnt even bother doing sit ups if i were you. Go and do some lifting to fill up your frame

Image_thumb
25 Posts
Oct 10, 2013 2:59am
via iOS
Take some Aleve best thing ever
Icon_missing_thumb
64 Posts
Oct 16, 2013 11:48am
via Android

First consult ur doctor to see if there is any injury which might be bothering u.once u get a green signal u r ready to go.the doctor might advice u some exercises to strengthen it back muscles.

Image_thumb
953 Posts
Oct 16, 2013 12:41pm
via Android

Do a couple of google searches: situps back pain, situps alternatives, core exercise back pain, core exercise back injury/back pain

I've read a bunch of blogs that say back injury is common with the wrong core exercises. Some people can do it, many shouldn't and do anyway, some people get serious damage... anyway there are core exercises you can do and avoid that pain, and I think that would be best. (not trying to push through it...core is very important but there are plenty of alternatives to still strengthen the core and back injury ain't nothin to eff with)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51