Fibromyalgia

13 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
46 Posts
Oct 10, 2013 1:41am
via Android

Just wondering if anyone else suffers from this horrible condition?. I'm 31 and feel like I'm 81! :/ pain/stiffness/aching throughout entire body.

Been looking for a suitable workout plan for a while now. Anyone got any ideas?

10 Oct
A body in motion stays in motion... I would consult my physician and ask to be put on a good program. Good luck and always remember your mind is a powerful thing. Look into some healing meditations on you tube.
26 Jun
I have suffered with fibromyalgia and up until 7 years ago just had doctors telling me I needed to see a psychiatrist it was all in my head. I was in so much pain I rolled out of bed in the morning when I could, couldn't take walks with my children or husband, couldn't stand more than 10 minutes at a time, couldn't hardly this my tennies. I am turning 43 years old next Wednesday and good the past 4 years I love to wake up, I take my kids and dogs to the lake at least twice a week,...
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Oct 10, 2013 11:53am
via Android

Hey man I just wanted to say I had a girlfriend who had that and I learned a lot about it and how difficult it is to live with especially how difficult it is to deal with the fact that people don't understand it and can't see it and some people didn't even believe her...

Can't help with workouts though, hopefully someone else can, just wanted to say I feel for ya and good luck.

Image_thumb
102 Posts
Oct 10, 2013 12:09pm
via Android

I have a friend who has it and says yoga and keeping his protein down helps. He also goes steaming...especially after workouts.

Image_thumb
46 Posts
Oct 11, 2013 12:23am
via Android

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I'm gonna start with a gentle no equipment exercise plan and see how I get on. Work on my core & posture.

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Oct 15, 2013 9:55am
via Android

I saw your post which for some reason popped on my screen. I live with this ailment. It's a challenge. One post is correct stay in motion. It contradicts because your in pain but it so helps. I walk every chance I get. I'm active with my children. It helps me focus on controlling what I feel physically. Finding out I had it was a blessing because I was not crazy. There was a name to what people said was just in my head.  I am trying to lose weight because i found that helped me too when i was a certain weight. Be strong, stay focused, know your limits because pushing beyond it doesn't help. I don't take medication. I refuse to. But maybe for you it may help. As they say everybody is different. Take care.

1115563_1313770750_1678386413_n_thumb
9 Posts
Apr 16, 2014 7:32pm
via Android

I have fibro and cfs, and I'm a nurse. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you. Feel free to add me.

Image_thumb
46 Posts
Apr 27, 2014 5:11pm
via iOS
Cool, thanks Molly. :)
Image_thumb
1 Post
May 5, 2014 5:01am
via Android

I have fibromyalgia too n I'm 30 n yes some days I feel much older. My Dr said losing bout 15lbs could help n cut my caffeine intake down n to stretch every morning at least 5-10mins n to do weight less exercise but to stay in my limits n not over do it. N Hot baths when I'm hurting really bad n I'm also on 5different meds.

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jun 26, 2014 2:51pm
via Android

I have FM too! Sucks. Eating less meat helps. Lots of green veggies and yoga. Check out the games my fitness evolved 2012+! I have the 2012 one for Xbox kinect and the yoga on it helps alot. I need more tips also! Good luck!

Image_thumb
46 Posts
Jun 29, 2014 2:13am
via iOS
I'm confused how eating less meat can help? Meat is a source of protein no? Protein intake is vital for healthy muscles.
04 Jul
My dietician actually said that you should eat -more- food when you have FM... and yes, I have FM as well. Sidenote: I would LOVE to speak to other FM 'sufferers' that are openminded and not judgmental, because I'm in a really bad time right now and I need someone to talk to who UNDERSTANDS. And I would LOVE to listen with your struggles and help with yours. So. If there are anu FM people here that want to talk to me (I'm one of the worst cases doctors have ever seen), please do. Working oit with severe FM is...
04 Jul
Oops. The second part of that comment was meant as a reply to this post!!!!
Img-20140703-wa0001_thumb
2 Posts
Jul 4, 2014 3:09am
via Android

I accidently commented on Lee G.'s post, while I should have replied. And now I can't copy it. So. Well. Please read my comment under his post..;

Sorry. I'm new here and my sleeping pills are kicking in so I'm not really thinking straight, and then you forget some other things..

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jul 10, 2014 2:16pm
via Android

I currently suffer from FML also and I found that walking and stretching afterwards helped tremendously. My Doc says I should try the yoga, but I've not done so as of yet. I had a really bad "flare up" and wasn't able to walk for about 2 weeks and I definitely could tell the difference in my body. Now since it's been so long I think I've lost the motivation because I remember the excess pain in the beginning of my workout until my body gor used to it...also I keep a journal of my days and I noticed on my worst days there is usually something I can find that triggers the excess pain, if you can find the problem you can find the solution...
Don't give up

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Aug 15, 2014 10:47am
via iOS
I also have fibromyalgia along with PCOS, sciatic pain from a back injury, and a host of other more minor issues. I'm currently taking Cymbalta (which didn't help my fibro, but did help my depression and anxiety), Tramadol (which helps with the overall achiness), and Neurontin (which helps mostly with the sciatic pain, but also the fibro).  You might want to ask your doctor about some pain management medications. Exercise is supposed to help with fibro, but it takes a LONG time to do so. Usually, too long for people to stick with it through the pain.

I, too, have trouble finding a good workout that I can do. The Cymbalta has the unfortunate side effect of excessive sweating, so even moving around the house leaves me drenched. The only thing I can do without a lot of pain is strength training... Which, IMO, is better for you anyway (at least for losing weight and managing fibro). I know a lot of people are cardio nuts, but I personally feel that very low-impact cardio (like a long, slow walk) couple with stretching or yoga, and some higher intensity strength training is the way to go.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51