Heart condition

6 posts | Original | Recent
20 Posts
Oct 28, 2013 9:58pm
I have CAD, AFib, SCD, Tachycardia (top of heart) and Bradycardia (bottom of heart) I was advised by my Cardiologist that I'm no longer to use my exercises bike and due to a stalker/rapist in my area I can't walk or jog outside. Cardio is evading me, HELP!
950 Posts
Oct 29, 2013 1:17am
via Android

Can't your cardiologist recommend something? You might be surprised if you asked.

Personally I am afraid to suggest anything since the doc told you to cut the bike and I don't know exactly why you should cut it or why it would be okay to, for example,  jog instead of bike, or anything else that gives a comparable cardio workout.

29 Oct
Hehe nice slow yoga moves maybe, there are some intense poses, gets the blood pumping and breath going, but in a more controlled way.
20 Posts
Oct 29, 2013 1:22am
With a bike your pushing, putting more strain on your heart. Stopped jogging two weeks ago when Cardiologist said no bike. Yoga/pilates is a good idea
226 Posts
Oct 29, 2013 1:47am
via iOS
I think you should just stick to walking. Is there a gym nearby, or do you own a treadmill? Better yet, find a few friends to walk outside with you. Just be careful. Heart conditions are tricky to deal with. Yoga and Pilates are good options, too.
29 Oct
I live out in the country. My closest friend doesn't workout. My fiance is always working. A few weeks ago my home was broke into by this guy that's stalking me then I find out there's some guy pulling girls into his car and raping them So yeah I don't go outside much anymore lol. I am educated in personal training but got into car accident and lost my memory. Still working on rebuilding it but for the time I'm half relying on suggestionsto help me through my workouts
29 Oct
I've had my heart condition since I was little but didn't kno how bad it had gotten up until a few weeks ago. I use to walk five miles a day
30 Oct
Yeah I agree with going to the gym or purchasing a treadmill.
9 Posts
Oct 29, 2013 7:50am
via Android

You know what  you can and cant do.  Here are are a few  you can do at home: Burpees
Jumping jacks
Squat jumps
Plyometric push ups

Intensity and reps at your discretion

20 Posts
Oct 29, 2013 12:49pm
I'll have to be careful So I don't go through the floor an land on my neighbors lol our floors are like trampolines an one wrong jump all I can say is oops lol

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51