Anyone else with an implantable heart monitor?

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
118 Posts
Dec 19, 2013 3:14am
via Android

I'm looking for insight or tips on recovery. I get tired quickly so I tend to do short workouts. Right now my chest is very sore.

Image_thumb
139 Posts
Dec 20, 2013 2:17am
via Android

I do not have an implantable heart monitor but as a PT I have dealt with clients that have had pacemakers and other implanted electrical devices.  Not knowing what the device is for(correct an arrhythmia, stimulate or slow the heart rate etc.) I would be hesitant to provide any advice other than to consult with your cardiologist and discuss your concerns and goals with exercise and abide by there recommendations. 

Image_thumb
118 Posts
Dec 20, 2013 4:03am
via Android

It's just an internal monitor or loop recorder. I have mild mvp (mitral valve prolapse), silent migraines & insulin resistance. These are believed to be related to why I've been fainting the last 10yrs. The hope is the internal monitor will catch or prove it is or isn't my heart once & for all. Only restrictions are to stop if I have a symptom or warning sign. I do interval training because I get tired or weak quickly. If I get tunnel vision or aura skip that day.

20 Dec
Thanks for some more insight. Keep with the short interval training and monitor how you feel. If you do arm exercises they will tax your heart more than if you do leg exercises, especially if you do over head work. I would look at how your body responds to simple one muscle exercises,(ie leg curls, biceps, triceps) before getting into complex lifting that involves multiple muscle groups such as squats, lunges or burpees. Once you know what your body can handle begin to progress. With a heart condition it is recommended to work out between 50%-60% of your heart rate...
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Dec 20, 2013 4:51am
via Android

Scarlet, my 14 yo son has (infrequent) silent migraines; had never heard of them before.  Do yours have anything to do with your other health issues? MY mom has a calcified mitral valve, diabetes, pulmonary hypertension, so there's some family history of heart and other health issues. Hopefully your heart is okay.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51