Hey people!

3 posts | Original | Recent

Res_1398904598197_3_thumb
5 Posts
Jun 15, 2014 10:52am

Hey guys and gals.

My name is Jake. I've been suffering from Crohns Disease since 2008. For the past 6 years, I've barely had any physcial activity or movement because it also affected my joints. Though I'm finlly starting to be stable from this Disease. And I am tired of being weak, having no muscle, and scrawny. As of now, I am about 110lbs and 5'4" about.

I want to change my life. I want to change how I look, and become a new person. I want to be able to have people look at me and notice a change, or if they didnt know me, just look at me and realize that i work out and look toned/strong.

I think I have the motivation, but i need guidance on what I should do. I've been trying some workouts/programs, so far I've been doing the Strong & Toned Arms L1. So far, so good with those. I've been noticing some improvements on my arms and chest area, but I want to keep pushing on, and advance more. For now, I've been using 10 lb weights.

My goal is to not have a body that reminds me of my "old" self. I want to try and transform my life, and my body. I eventually want to have toned, strong arms and hopefully and eventually a 6-Pack. And just overall, a strong and toned body.

If you took the time to read this, I appreciate it. And I hope you can offer some guidance on where you think I should start, or how I should go about this. I would truly appreciate it.

15 Jun
Hey Jake, welcome to Skimble. If you are new and want to be toned, I recommend browsing the workouts for short strength training and body weight training workouts. Use 10-15 lb dumbbells or kettle bells until that becomes too easy for you. Start to increase the length of your workouts or the number
15 Jun
Of workouts you do once you have more endurance. Also, once you find workouts you like, see who created them or others who liked them and follow others on the site w similar goals for inspiration. Good luck!
Image_thumb
155 Posts
Jun 15, 2014 12:57pm
via Android

Congrats for your courage to change! As a former trainer the first thing to do is having clear what your goals are, how much time you have available to exercise and your commitment lever... weight train is the best thing to gain muscle tone, not necessarily hypertrophy (big muscles), but strength and increase protein (lean meat is the best choice, chicken, turkey, lean red cuts)... if I can help you with some advise just let me know! If you have Facebook be sure to like Health & Fitness Lifestyle page where I share tips but health and wellness. Best of luck and keep being fit!!

Jun 15, 2014 9:07pm
via Android

Hi Jake! If you need motivation, let me know. I also have a Kik if you want me to add you on there.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51