Hip problems?

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jun 18, 2014 5:23pm
via iOS
When I do sit ups and v-ups and similar exercises, I feel and hear my hips pop. It isn't particularly painful, it just feels...strange. Does anyone know if this is harmful to me? Is there anything I can do to prevent this? Thanks!
18 Jun
Mine does that too except only on my left side and they are a bit painful for me. I never do a full reverse crunch because of it.
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jun 18, 2014 5:38pm
via Android

Hmm, mine do that too sometimes. You're right, doesn't hurt just strange! I don't think it is harmful, but I'm not a professional! I've been trying to do more hip stretches and also use my foam roller, maybe try that?!

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jun 18, 2014 5:46pm
via iOS
I'll definitely try that, has it been working for you? I know I get hip problems when doing sprints and stuff for soccer. But that's different. Or at least I think it is. Do you experience any other hip problems?
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jun 18, 2014 5:49pm
via Android

Hah, I played soccer for 15 years so I feel your pain! It has been helping. I try and squeeze in yoga stretches as my cool down. If you Google hip streches, you should find a lot to try and hopefully work!

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jun 18, 2014 5:52pm
via iOS
Haha yeah, it's a problem for me every year! I'll look into it, thanks!
Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jun 18, 2014 5:58pm
via iOS
Hmm. I just read something that said it's caused by inflexibility in the hip area. It says increase the range of motion with different stretches and you should be good to go.