Hip problems?

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jun 18, 2014 5:23pm
via iOS
When I do sit ups and v-ups and similar exercises, I feel and hear my hips pop. It isn't particularly painful, it just feels...strange. Does anyone know if this is harmful to me? Is there anything I can do to prevent this? Thanks!
18 Jun
Mine does that too except only on my left side and they are a bit painful for me. I never do a full reverse crunch because of it.
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jun 18, 2014 5:38pm
via Android

Hmm, mine do that too sometimes. You're right, doesn't hurt just strange! I don't think it is harmful, but I'm not a professional! I've been trying to do more hip stretches and also use my foam roller, maybe try that?!

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jun 18, 2014 5:46pm
via iOS
I'll definitely try that, has it been working for you? I know I get hip problems when doing sprints and stuff for soccer. But that's different. Or at least I think it is. Do you experience any other hip problems?
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jun 18, 2014 5:49pm
via Android

Hah, I played soccer for 15 years so I feel your pain! It has been helping. I try and squeeze in yoga stretches as my cool down. If you Google hip streches, you should find a lot to try and hopefully work!

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jun 18, 2014 5:52pm
via iOS
Haha yeah, it's a problem for me every year! I'll look into it, thanks!
Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jun 18, 2014 5:58pm
via iOS
Hmm. I just read something that said it's caused by inflexibility in the hip area. It says increase the range of motion with different stretches and you should be good to go.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51