Feeling sick after working out?

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jun 28, 2014 6:30pm
via Android

Hello all, I have a question. Every time I do any type of core workout I feel like I'm going to be physically sick afterwards and end up having to lay down for an hour or so to calm my stomach. I was just wondering if this is normal or if there's something I'm doing wrong? I would really like to continue working out in order to lose weight, but if I keep feeling so sick afterwards then I don't think I'll be able to. Any advice on what I can do to remedy this is greatly appreciated.

28 Jun
From what little I know it will be one of two things. Exercising lowers your blood pressure, also sweating and so losing fluid also drops your blood pressure. Vigorous exercise also drops your blood sugar which can take time to recover Either of (or combination) of these things will make you feel nauseous and dizzy. The fact that lying down afterwards suggests it's your blood pressure. Make sure you are well hydrated before during and after each session even if you don't feel like drinking force yourself to. As your fitness improves this should ease as your body adapts. I'm...
28 Jun
It could be not drinking enough water or eating right before working out or drinking to much water during exercising and eating oily foods before workout is possible
28 Jun
Thanks so much, I'll definitely try to drink more water. Hopefully that helps. Thank you again c;
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jun 28, 2014 6:49pm
via Android

That used to happen to me after I jog. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but if I drank water and kept my pace even, I'd feel better. I hope that helps!

Icon_missing_thumb
14 Posts
Jun 28, 2014 6:54pm
via Android

It could be dehydration, low blood sugar or low sodium. I'm leaning towards dehydration because that seems to be the most common from what I've read.

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Jun 28, 2014 7:22pm
via Android

Either your dehydrated or your exercising on a empty stomach.Try having one or two glasses of water and a Greek yogurt or something light about a half hour before you exercise.

28 Jun
I'll definitely try that, thank you so much!
Image_thumb
45 Posts
Jun 29, 2014 12:07am
via iOS
I usually eat a granola bar or something of the sort 30 mins before doing core and drinking some water with mio fit in it
29 Jun
That happened to me along time ago.... Make sure your not pregnant
Image_thumb
13 Posts
Jun 30, 2014 4:52am
via Android

U not eating right n probably your body need to get custom 2 ur work out.

Image_thumb
10 Posts
Jul 1, 2014 12:01am
via Android

This happens to me a lot, I drink a lot of water and eat enough,  I'm type 1 diabetic but my blood sugar will be fine and I'll still get nauseous.  I usually just have to wait a while then work out a second time later in the day.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51