Knee rehab

2 posts | Original | Recent
1 Post
Sep 9, 2014 3:09am
via Android

Only looking for advice, had acl meniscus surgery last December. Fully cleared by my doctor for any activity, just trying to get back to my old self. I've very athletic but haven't gotten my hamstrings or calves back to full strength. Goal is to play basketball well again and strengthen my legs. Anyone have workouts or suggestions?

10 Sep
I just recently had my ACL replaced two meniscus tears on my left leg the workout this seems to be working for me is workout 101 minus the jumping.
10 Sep
Sorry weight training 101 is a good one
2 Posts
Jan 13, 2015 3:12pm
via Android

Had my acl recon about 6 months back. Doctor gave me the green light do get back to doing sports. His advice was to avoid high impact activities, for example jogging, basketball, badminton and etc.  Basically anything that would like you feet off the grould would be bad.

You can start off with stairs climb, stationary bike and then add in lifting to strengthen the quad. 

The problem for me was swelling / inflammation(which is normal) so I split my sessions,  45mins before work and after work of biking. Also try as much as you can to take cold showers right after your sessions as it really help with the knee.

Last but not least,  sleep right and eat right. *glucosamine supplements would help.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51