Serious ankle injury

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Sep 30, 2014 3:49am
via Android

10 years ago I injured my ankle and had 4 operations to repair it. I am now over weight and am having a hard time loosing the weight. I'm having a difficult time doing most cardiovascular exercises because bending my ankle forward is quite painful and weight barring can be as well. I'm looking for some helpful tips to help work out without fearing the pain.

30 Sep
Cycling is a good cardio workout, and it's low-impact. Have you tried wearing an ankle brace?
Sep 30, 2014 4:03am
via Android

Swimming , nothing like swimming for an hour. Safe on your ankles and once you drop wait you slowly include cycling which may help to heal your ankle.

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Sep 30, 2014 4:09am
via Android

I wear an ankle brace every day. Especially now because I've recently decided to walk to work rather than drive. Cycling isn't too bad. I often times have a hard time Walking afterwards though because of the constant bending in my ankle it swells up quickly. :-(

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Sep 30, 2014 4:10am
via Android

That is actually a wonderful idea. I love swimming and I can't believe I haven't really thought of that before. Thank you.

Image_thumb
821 Posts
Oct 1, 2014 2:57pm
via Android

Yeah swimming adds a lot of resistance your going to have to push thru the pain it's the only way. I just broke both ankles early this year and my Dr told me after I healed to swim with flippers.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51