Chronic back pain

3 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 8, 2014 2:43am
via Android

Ive had chronic back pain for so long. I used to do tae kwon do but i cant anymore. Trying to lose weight but im so limited in what exercises i can do w out hurting myself. Any suggestions on workouts that wont hurt my back? Tia.

08 Oct
You might need to see your doctor first. I would say try and stretch first, then work your way to doing something less stressful/strenuous like yoga or pilates. Then whatever your Doctor would recommend. Good luck! They have some good back stretches on here too.
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 8, 2014 8:36am
via Android

To reduce low back pain the best home treatments are heat, stretches and massage. But to prevent low back pain, the abdominals have to become stronger. Start with planks and side planks, and then progress to dinamic exercises. When you are strong enough only do sit-ups or crunches etc. You need to be strong already before you start those, otherwise your body cheats to do them.

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 8, 2014 1:15pm
via Android

hi, im ron from Philippines. im a licensed PT. you need to consult your physiathrist first or a Rehab doctor to know if what is the underlying cause of it, but basically weak abs can cause low back pain also tightness of hams can contribute.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51