Been training hard but cant stop doing herion

7 posts | Original | Recent

10347779_253688374829284_4459189251617186807_n_thumb
17 Posts
Oct 9, 2014 5:32pm
via Android

I work my ass off lifting weights everyday for 2 3 months I get really big around 200 pounds at 6 foot then I start doing drugs again and I lose everything that I worked my ass off over a three month period in about a week it's a vicious cycle heroin is killing me

09 Oct
Well maby this isn't the application to cure drug addiction with. Sorry- but find help.
09 Oct
Get a grip man! GET PROPER HELP
09 Oct
Go to a doc er a helper
09 Oct
Cut all ties to anyone, anything, anyplace, that's in an around that scene.. in the end tho it all comes down to how much u want to quit..align your priorities no doubt you wouldn't want your kids on that stuff..
09 Oct
Drug use alters brain chemistry so there's no shortcuts! In some ways it's like a fitness journey...we have to be determined to change then take steps to change and with drug use that may mean cutting ties with friends we use with, hanging out in different places that don't encourage use...take an honest look at things..when do you most often use? What are you gaining? or trying to avoid/escape? Find a healthy activity you can do when you feel like using that releases some feel good chemicals in your brain like working out, playing with the kids, sex...it's going to...
Image_thumb
274 Posts
Oct 9, 2014 5:48pm
via Android

Trade one vice for another. I heard cocaine is in-season

10347779_253688374829284_4459189251617186807_n_thumb
17 Posts
Oct 9, 2014 6:58pm
via Android

Thank you for the reply this is a serious issue for me I am an former in a fighter and I served in the United States Marine Corps I have 4 kids to determine pinchers an old lady I am NOT a street corner junkie, working out in martial arts are the only things that can keep me cleanish. Not looking for an NA meeting just posting what was on my mind and what I'm struggling with,  I can train with the best of them, and I have extremely good mental discipline with pretty much everything else if anyone has any tips or suggestions I have open minded to hearing it outside the box thinking

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 9, 2014 7:23pm
via Android

Still not sure if you are being serious, but if yes- then you do need proper help- I really doubt that fitness app users are the right people. Stay strong and clean. And start a treatment.

Natsu_wallpaper_1_thumb
32 Posts
Oct 9, 2014 8:07pm
via Android

Have a friend who had the same addiction. Could stay clean for a few months at a time without proper treatment...but it never worked he ALWAYS ended up back on the drugs. Finally got himself booked into rehab and has stayed clean for years now & loving it. My brother's school friend did the self treatment thing and ended up OD'ing!

Heroin isn't a joke and can't be beat alone! It needs professional help and support. I kinda think you realise this, just not sure where to go. I'm assuming you're from America a quick Google search gave me this link
http://americanaddictioncenters.org/

If you don't want to end up dead early get proper help! If you don't believe me look to the Stars, Robert Downey Jr got help and turned his life around!

Image_thumb
55 Posts
Oct 10, 2014 3:45pm
via Android

Yeah, like others have said, get professional help. This isn't the appropriate place to be airing those concerns.

Don't get me wrong, I am a HUGE advocate for mental health (including addiction) awareness, breaking the stigma, making help more accessible, respect for survivors, etc. I think the only way to break the stigma is if people like you and me DO talk about our illness, and stop treating it like it's something to be ashamed of. In that sense is really great that you shared with us.

However, in this app, as much as many of us are rooting for you and hope you can make a full recovery, we really can't help you worth this particular issue. We support each other with exercise and nutrition advice, sharing victories, and encouraging and motivating one another when we feel discouraged. Heroin is really not in our scope.

Again, not that we don't want to help. But heroin is a really dangerous drug and heroin addiction is a realllllly slippery slope. You know that, and many of us know that. None of us are qualified to help you.

The only ones who can help you are your family, professional therapists/psychiatrists, NA, or rehab. You know that. You'll get help when you're ready to. Or you'll die. Just being honest. Let's hope it's the former.

I do have experience with addiction, though nothing as strong as heroin. But you can send me a private message if you want to talk.

Image_thumb
30 Posts
Oct 10, 2014 3:59pm
via Android

I would suggest you delete your dealers number, write down the names of people who you are using with and places that start you off is it one too many drinks of a feeling that draws you back. write it all down and brain storm with a counsellor or someone you trust what you're approach will be to avoiding cues. you say that you're a fighter, are you training for a fight if you were do you believe that using will disrupted you ability to fight? If so sign up for a fight everyone around you will support you for the fight switching you're focus to the positive...

10 Oct
we all have bad habits we loathe and can't kick, you're not alone remember that the future replaces the past.
10 Oct
Hey buddy I'm proud of you. You've taken the first step which is acceptance that u have a problem. Only when u accept that u have a weakness then u can realistically address it instead of what most addicts do which is deny that there is a problem in the first place. Admitting that u have a problem and trying to face takes courage my friend and in my book that makes u a hero. But nothing comes easy to even heros! The reason that heros are hero's are cos they rise above normal people during adversity and conquer these...
14 Oct
You must go to treatment and continue with a program after of you will die. I have been sober for two years. Drug addicts and alcoholics die if not treated because we have a progressive disease. But you have to be done or No one can help you. Much love

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51