I Need advice....

14 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Oct 22, 2014 2:57pm
via Android

Hi everyone,
I need some advice. I started here about a month ago and I have been trying my hardest to exercise every day as well as get in 30 min of cardio(walking/running) . Well I've noticed that the weather is changing and it's starting to get a lot colder. As it gets colder my joints start to ache. As I posted in another blog, I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. So when I have a flare up its hard to exercise especially high impact work outs, and cardio(jumping, skipping and running). So I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me. I want to lose 40 pounds and I know in order to do that I need to eat clean and do a lot of cardio but its really hard for me to do that somedays. :(Any suggestions for low impact work outs that can get my heart rate up? ;)

22 Oct
Recumbent bikes are great, row machines, bikes, stair climber!!! You try any of those?
22 Oct
Hi, I have RA as well, yoga has definitely helped me also I have changed my life style. Be active and don't give up. All the best.
24 Oct
Try the bike or elliptical it's low impact on your joints but still good cardio
Image_thumb
327 Posts
Oct 22, 2014 3:56pm
via Android

Hi there,I have this problem also but osto,I was doing fitcamp but it caused alot of pain.swimming is very good,zumba,I love running but its weight on joints,maybe more of a prob as I have osto,anti imflamerties really help,and in cold weather wear thermal on the painful parts,there is a great video about joints and how u can help urself and still run,I will try and find it if you like from a top doc in New York.Im doing aqua areobics

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Oct 22, 2014 5:03pm
via Android

Hi,
Im from United Arab Emirates and I'm waiting the weather to become colder to start running and walk outside cause it's too hot. so my suggestion to you to dance and have fun indoor try to move your body no matter what kinds of moving. .try to enjoy these moves with your friends or someone who can motivate you.

Good luck

Abeer

Image_thumb
117 Posts
Oct 22, 2014 9:35pm
via Android

I put icy hot patches on my aching joints then extra layers of clothes and walk.

I have arthritis every major connecting joint ... ankles knees elbow shoulder hip spine all of my workouts I've created I do indoors and haven't had a problem with the arthritis.  just remember to rest and ice it after for 20 min

Image_thumb
327 Posts
Oct 22, 2014 9:42pm
via Android

Hi Elle,I feel quite alone with this problem at times as none of my friends understand what it is or how painful can be,Ive started having a problem over last few years and used to be a dancer,I still dance at times but cant walk after,having small arches on my feet,impacts on my knees more,if its warm tho its not so painful,Im sorry you have it so bad but great you found something that works for you x

Image_thumb
1 Post
Oct 23, 2014 3:58am
via iOS
Try swim it's super easy on the joints and you can burn up to 500 calories in only an hour! It's definitely my favorite exercise!
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Oct 23, 2014 2:03pm
via Android

Thank you all for the great ideas. I am a stay at home mom for the time being and can not afford to go to the gym so I do most of my work outs at home or out doors. I used to use the eliptical at the gym and that was awesome as well as swimming (I love swimming its fun and very easy on the joints) there is a pool close by that I can look into). Also yoga is is great I have been doing a lot of yoga before and after my work outs but I don't feel like it is helping me lose weight I've only lost 3 pounds in a month and I think its because I need need more cardio. I have a lot of fat stored on my belly sides and hips and I know that it can be hard to lose that, I started eating right also but feel like I'm getting nowhere. I will have to try the arches and wearing layers and protective gear when I run or anything that is hard on the joints. Also dancing is a good I love dancing. I think I will turn up the radio and just go crazy lol I have never tried zumba, can anyone recommend a Dvd or website that I can look at?

23 Oct
You say you can't afford to go to the gym; is that because of money or time? I recommend buying a used elliptical. Go to 2nd Wind or other used spring goods store, you can get them for cheaper than you think. I got mine on a payment plan where I was paying $60 a month interest free. It wasn't as much of a financial struggle as I had expected. I think this is a problem with a lot of people: yes, there are lots of ways to exercise for free, but your health is worth investing in. Especially in...
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Oct 23, 2014 2:11pm
via Android

I'm so glad I found this app. I feel so alone at times like no one understands or believes me. I'm only 24 but I have really bad RA. Some days are better than others but a lot more bad then good. And on those days i really need the motivation. So reading and seeing all your great ideas and seeing that others are doing so well inspires me. I will keep pushing myself and i am definitely going to try everything you all suggested. Thank you!  Its so nice to meet you all.

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Oct 23, 2014 2:16pm
via Android

We are all here to support each other and I believe most of us have chosen this app because they are in the same situation
lonley , boring .....need motivation so no need to thank us..keep going and try your best .

SORRY FOR WEAK ENGLISH WRITING

ABEER

Image_thumb
327 Posts
Oct 23, 2014 6:31pm
via Android

Hey sorry you feel like this,ues it is hard having this problem but positive outlook and pushing tho you will get there x

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Oct 24, 2014 2:40am
via Android

Its more financial I am a single mother of two kids and I am not working due to all the health issues I am dealing with. I am  blessed and thankful to have help from my parents (a place to stay and help with the kids) its not that I'm not willing to put the time or effort but i just don't have that kind of extra money for a membership or elliptical. I wish so badly that I could afford one because if I did I would absolutely do it every day. I do work out every day but only as much as my body can handle. When I am able I am definitely going to invest in one I agree our health is very important to us.:)

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Oct 24, 2014 9:45pm
via Android

Thanks hun, I am determined and will not give up:) I hope to lose at least 30 pounds so far I've only lost 3 which can go up and down. I also have digestive issues to so I have a sluggish/slow metabolism which makes it harder to get the weight off but I will not stop trying.:)

Image_thumb
520 Posts
Oct 24, 2014 9:52pm
via Android

Include sweet potato and a litter of non fat milk in your diet plus take a multivitamin and invest in a good pair of joggers plus an ankle wrap and hopefully you'll be good to go

Oct 24, 2014 10:30pm
via Android

Hi  I am58 and I have RA I my knees.  I have just started walking again afters mouths . I started out doing laps a  function.  Not I walk 6000 to 7000 steps a day , goal is 10000 . Not there  yet. but I try harder every day. I also walk with my dog and he can tell time n like lets go mom. That helps. Good luck

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51