Poor Knees, please help!

5 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 31, 2014 12:03am
via iOS
Hi everyone! I'm really excited to jumpstart my weight loss again by increasing my physical activity. However, I struggle with anything involving jumping, running or too much bending as my right knee always hurts. Usually after vigorous activity, it is very sore and sometimes hard to walk on. I don't know if this is common when working parts of the knee that maybe aren't strong enough, but does anyone have any advice? Thank you so much!
01 Nov
Calcium
Image_thumb
327 Posts
Oct 31, 2014 12:08am
via Android

Hi depends how often its been hurting and feelin sore,this happen to me,I have the start of osto arthiritis after having x ray,its very sore after running for me.Best to get it checked and do swimming or any exercise which does not put weight on knee,u may not have my problem but best to get checked,good luck

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 31, 2014 12:11am
via iOS
Wow I didn't even think of that! Thank you so much, I will definitely get it checked out!
Oct 31, 2014 4:21am
via Android

You may have an unstable joint and you ought to use joint supporters while you do your physical exercises. But then again you really need to consult a physician. Good luck!

01 Nov
Thank you so much! I just ordered some knee sleeves and I'm going to try the KT tape
01 Nov
You're welcome. I'm glad you're progressing positively.
Image_thumb
231 Posts
Oct 31, 2014 4:33am
via Android

A workout that might be some use for calfs could be: Stand up, tiptoe up then lower, up, lower, repeat. I don't know if adding dumbbell weight, (or any other weight) hurts your knee, but that could be better.

01 Nov
Thank you!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51