Clicky

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
73 Posts
Nov 7, 2014 9:48pm
via Android

Hi everyone. Just needed some advice regarding my clicky joints. Knees, shoulders and especially hips, right iver my groin. When ever i do core work you can hear it popping in and out of the joint. I asked my GP about this and shes just shrugged it off saying 'my body doesn't like that range of motion and to make sure i adjust my body to help it go back', (not great when your doing abs and you have to stop frequently!)

Just wondered of anyone else is a bit clicky??? Lol.

07 Nov
I had a slight issue like this, started taking more fish oil and krill oil supplements and it helped a lot :)
Image_thumb
29 Posts
Nov 7, 2014 9:53pm
via Android

I always get that on my shoulders  I used to sand boats by hand for years I figured maybe that's where it came from but they never hurt

Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Nov 7, 2014 10:02pm
via iOS
My ankles, shoulders, wrists. Click click click.. Dint worry about it : )
Image_thumb
73 Posts
Nov 7, 2014 10:13pm
via Android

Makes me think erghh somethings not right. The hip one is really horrible

15 Nov
I have that with my hip when I move a certain way. Started taking omega 3 and I think it's gone or maybe I just don't notice it anymore Lol
Image_thumb
30 Posts
Nov 7, 2014 10:34pm
via Android

Hah, I thought it's only me lol
I've got clicky joints too, it's weird. But doesn't hurt, I just have to correct my movements when that happens. So I never ask my gp about it, I just put it as being unique lol

07 Nov
Just a bit strange. When im working out at home and my son hears my hip popping in and out, he freaks out lol!!! Just hoped its not doing any damage.
07 Nov
Actually my mum is the same, I can remember when I was little I can hear her hip goes click click when she's walking so I think I got it from her lol When I'm doing plank with knee draws the left knee always clicks, my son was worried i got lose knee and may come off lol Btw, are you Kimmy from the squat challenge?
07 Nov
Ohh hiiii Gina!!!! Yes its me haha! Them squats are a killer! Lol at your son
08 Nov
Hiya, thought so but wasn't 100% sure hehehe. Oh yeah them squats are really getting harder & harder, good thing we only have a few more days left til day 30:)
08 Nov
Yes thank god!
Image_thumb
139 Posts
Nov 8, 2014 1:21am
via Android

If it causes a sharp intense pain or there is a"clunk" then I would be concerned.
If your GP is not concerned and you have pain you may want to talk with a Physical Therapist who could show you some stretches or stabilization exercises.
If there is no pain or clunk, it is more than likely nothing to concern yourself about, unless it gets worse, as it could be just pockets of air. 
In my experience, hip clicking is typically the result of tight internal rotators of the hip or a tight posterior hip capsule as they are often hard to stretch out with normal daily routines.  You can Google the stretches or mobilization techniques.  If you have trouble, PM your email to me and I can send you an attachment with the stretches. 
Good luck.

08 Nov
Hi Brian. Theres no pain as such, although last night i was getting some throbbing in my right groin, which seems to be the side that is the worse, same as my right knee and i get achy knees to. I was working out and doing toe to hand side kicks which was making my hip click and i had done the hip flexor stretch, this may have caused it. When you say 'cluncking' maybe thats the noise i hear when my hips clicking its literally that joint moving in and out of the socket. I think i may TELL...
Image_thumb
14 Posts
Nov 8, 2014 2:42am
via Android

Same here and im double jointed too, my left shoulder started clicking today and it actually hurt a bit after my workout :/

Image_thumb
11 Posts
Nov 8, 2014 4:12am
via iOS
I have the same problem too, sometimes in the knees but mainly in my hips too, leg lifts and Pilate scissors are the worst!! Thought it was just me..
08 Nov
Yes they are the excercises that get me too!!! Its when my leg get to a certain point i feel the click then everytime i get there again. Its doesn't hurt but i could really do without it!
08 Nov
Yes, same, that's why I try to avoid those exercises if possible

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51