Workout with Chronic Pain

3 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Nov 18, 2014 4:48am
via Android

Hello . I have a rod in my leg, with a shortage of about 2 inches and only a 45 degree bend. So this makes for some difficulty fulfilling any exercise program. I have lots of motivation but my pain gets in the way of a much needed cardio workout. So any suggestions at all would be appreciated. Happy exercising all.

20 Jan
988825_10154886322200454_4123069959162041885_n_thumb
1 Post
Nov 18, 2014 5:24am
via Android

I broke my femur and hip. This causes me to have some similar issues with pain. I really try to avoid hard impact type exercises such as running and heavy weight lifting. I would focus some of your efforts on rebuilding leg muscles to reach a point in which you can slowly work up to your more difficult exercises. Start with walking and body weight exercises. I broke my femur and hip almost 4 years ago and there's still pain, but nowhere near what it was when I first started exercising again. Good luck to you!!

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Jan 17, 2015 8:30pm
Thanks. And it's GOOD to hear how well your doing . I just found out my aunts sister went airborne in a parking garage and broke her hip and femur , so you have me hope today for her as well as myself. Walk walk walking trying to do lots of that and abs of course all us women want is a flat belly at least i do but yes a 90-95 degree bend would be awesome. Good luck to you and thanks again for the encouragement. Stay safe!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51