Spinal arthritis.

2 posts | Original | Recent

Picsart_1412606766069_2_thumb
1 Post
Nov 18, 2014 12:14pm
via Android

Hello everybody, I'm new to this app and exercise in general...
I'm 27 years old and I'm in good shape aesthetically, I'm a size 10-12 and naturally have a slim yet curvy figure. I'm not here to lose weight, I'm fortunate enough to not have issues with my weight.
I've recently been diagnosed with arthritis in 2 parts of my spine, the middle and bottom. I've been in severe pain with this for 2 years and as there's no cure, if I don't strengthen my core and back the pain will get progressively worse.

Problem is, most things I attempt to do cause me pain, I want to build muscle but I'm going to have to start off slowly.

Any tips, advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

369360_100000536027689_2068288892_n_thumb
20 Posts
Nov 18, 2014 1:27pm
via Android

Hi Carine,
I have got arthritis too, but mine is in my hips, knees, wristles and fingers. I use to walk three times a week at least  5000 steps, and streching is really important, so I do yoga for that, I realize with exercise I feel better, even with medication I can feel sometimes pain. If I don't do any physical activity I feel I loose movement and agility so keeping in constant movement is not good even if you feel pain, don't force your body beyond your limits, take time to recovery, and eat healthy,  antioxidants are good, pomegranate, oranges.. Finally, sometimes you will feel so tired o with pain, specially with cold weather, so take a rest drink a hot beverage and don't loose motivation. Even positive keeping mental is good. Write a blog, clean your place, cook something you live...

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51