New here, I could use some advice.

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
27 Posts
Nov 22, 2014 10:32am
via iOS
I have two bulging/herniated discs in my neck that I've been dealing with for a little over two years. I used to be very fit cardio wise from a lot of mountain hiking with 10kg of gear. Weight training aggravates my injury. Does anyone have recommendations on stretching or body weight exercises to get me started?
22 Nov
I have a back and neck injury and can't use weights over 2kg which initially I found terribly frustrating. But over time I have found what exercise works for my body and what doesn't. You just have to experiment with your training but be on the cautious side and work your way back up to strength and fitness. Patience is key. And a great entourage...in my case a fantastic chiropractor and physiotherapist!! I have become super strong and fit using body weight exercises from this app and adapting those that include weights.
Image_thumb
27 Posts
Nov 22, 2014 5:41pm
via iOS
Thanks for the input. I know I've tried weight training but by the 4th day everything tightens up and I can barely move. I have to train my mind to start very easy and work up again like you said. I have a good masseuse to help as well as a chiropractor. I tried physical therapy 3 different times but it never worked.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51