more then one medical makes exercise very difficult

4 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Nov 26, 2014 11:31pm
Hi, over the years I've had heart problems that have left me with high blood pressure and angina. I'm also a life long sufferer of asthma which gets dangerous with exercise or stress to the point of hospitalisation. Another problem is that I've had both hips replaced which has not gone well, I also suffer from osteoarthritis in most joints and also have some collapsed spinal disc's in my lower back. With all these problems I find exercising very painful or impossible, due to these problems I use a mobility scooter and a walking stick. With over 30 pills a day and pain patches is there any help for me or should I just continue to hide away in my home?
27 Nov
What can you do? Are you able to walk?
27 Nov
I can sympathize with you on the health issues. I am in a similar predicament. I too am on a mobility scooter. You MUST discuss this with your doctors before doing any of this. Modify the exercises to fit what you CAN do, but you need to get moving.
Image_thumb
211 Posts
Nov 27, 2014 4:01am
via Android

Take care Ivor

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Nov 27, 2014 4:35am
via Android

Yes, let's focus on what you can do and move on from there.

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Nov 27, 2014 9:20pm

Hi, re my earlier post, I find exercise very difficult due to my health problems, even swimming is not possible as I can not lift my right arm above my shoulder height so brest strok, front crawl and even back stroke is not possible. I find stairs very painful, as is walking, even sitting down or standing up from sitting down very painful, I even have a bed helper to assist me laying or sitting up in my bed.

As I live on my own and when there is nothing planned for a particular day I stay where I am most comfortable inmy bed

27 Nov
My advice to you - speak to your doctor and/or a physical therapist. They should be able to work up an exercise plan for you. Then you can find something comparable in the workouts here or review the listed exercises and create your own workout to fit so your followers can help keep you motivated. I wish you all the best and remember, if you have the will their is always a way.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51