Fit with Crohn's Disease

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Dec 22, 2014 1:28am
via Android

As any crohn's or chronic disease sufferer knows, fit with Disease can be an oxymoron. I had a sub total colectomy (my colon removed) 1 year ago, my ileostomy reversal 6 months ago, and am now fighting active crohn's in my small intestine. I'm determined to fight with nutrition an exercise and be fit while sick! Anyone else out there struggling? Maybe chronic Lime's, gastroperisis, Crohn's, IBS, whatever it is, I'd love to hear from you! Let's be fit while sick together

22 Dec
My sister is suffering from Crohn's as well and she is also looking for the way to keep working out, her nutrition is pretty good when she is working but on her days off she needs to recover from working so she wants to be able to find a good balance, I was thinking maybe something not so intense but quick that could work the whole body seems like this app had some great short full body workouts.
22 Dec
Not to forget gbs(gullain barre syndrome) sufferer.. i was dignosed with gbs when i was 18 yrs old.. it cause me to be paralyse not just hip down but both my arm too.. i recently recovered and regain all mobility from both my arms n legs.. i work 3 times a week with easy workout like jogging,brisk walking and strengthening of the arm.. im mostly on pump up tho..
22 Dec
Hi Carly! :-) firstly yes! My supervisor has Crohns and it sounds like a real pain! There's a lot of foods he just can't eat and that must be difficult indeed! But it's nice to see you fighting fit, just keep on exercising! Best of luck to you :)
25 Dec
I had the same surgery and had a rough time dealing with ulcerative colitis, I was very sick for a year. I have been trying to figure something else too. Good luck and it's helpful knowing that someone else has the same question :)
Image_thumb
32 Posts
Dec 22, 2014 11:28am
via iOS
I did not know about your condition, but I am pretty sure you can handle it ;) if you need any motivation, add me on K.I.K. my username is Zeroxdan
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jan 18, 2015 11:01pm
via Android

That's a great idea. I'm so sorry to hear she has crohn's, but it sounds like she's a real trooper. There are definitely some good quick workouts. I couldn't find exactly what I wanted so I created my own! She could have an arms day, a legs day, a core day or full body day. Feel free to try out one of mine! Stability balls make working out so much more fun! You can really diversify your programs with a combination of a medicine ball, stability ball, 5lb resistance band, and a kettle bell or dumbbell. I will say a prayer for your sister. Good luck!

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jan 18, 2015 11:27pm
via Android

Ha ha I appreciate your confidence! Are you the lead in a band? I happen to love writing! Just bought studio one and an audiobox to start recording. Loving my NT1 mic too. Would love to hear about your band!

20 May
Lead in a band, I wish! I get stage fright from seeing more than 3 people at once!
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Aug 5, 2015 1:21am
via Android

Hi, fellow Crohn's Disease sufferer here.
Was diagnosed in 2012 after almost dying. Ended up with a loop Ileostomy and a scar from hips to ribs.
Had a total colectomy (no colon, rectum, or anus) in 2014 after the doctors realised that things were just too damaged. I now have a permanent Ileostomy and a bunch of complications that I am learning to work around.
Its taken 3+ years to get to the stage that I am actually allowed to exercise again and now I've got to work out how to exercise without doing damage.
Sad thing is, is that I had got to the point that I was reasonably fit before this. Now its hard enough to go shopping without being totally useless for the next 2/3 days.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51