Quitting smoking and starting to work out.

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jan 15, 2015 12:15pm
via Android

I'm trying to quit smoking and starting to work out and exercise again but trying to quit smoking is killer and hard to do... Any tips?

Image_thumb
54 Posts
Jan 15, 2015 12:44pm
via iOS
Just quit ! I know easy for me to say .... Right!!! but I quit a couple months back I've been smoking for almost the last 10 yrs! So if you want to quit you just have to quit. It's not easy just don't buy anymore and try and avoid being around people smoking so you don't get the urge!!! Good luck 

Ooh and once you stop smoking you will feel a whole lot better!!
Image_thumb
214 Posts
Jan 15, 2015 1:36pm
via Android

Nikki said it all :) I'd just add that working out should make you feel like you don't want a cigarette... I mean, after you have run for an hour, for example, usually you need more time before feeling the need to smoke. Working out could help you quit smoking and quitting smoking will help you working out harder and feeling better :) Just stick to it! Good luck! ^^

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jan 15, 2015 1:44pm
via Android

Well the problem with not being around people that smoke is my girlfriend smokes too. (Not nearly as much as i do but even still.) And everyone i work with smokes. I've tried a few times already it's just so hard!

15 Jan
Well until you stop saying it's too hard your not going to quit :) not trying to be rude just the truth!!! You can try the other alternate ways to quit but those are just giving you nicotine without the smoke.. I found that It was more a oral fixation of just wanting to smoke than actual need of nicotine!
16 Jan
Nikki is right. I think you need to stop making excuses and just do it. Now if you said you want to smoke if you drank, that I could understand but then I would say you will have to stop drinking. Think about it like this Josh... do you want to be healthy or not? Maybe if your girlfriend saw your success you will be able to also help her quit. It would be good for the both of you. Be strong bro.. SELF MASTERY.
Image_thumb
214 Posts
Jan 15, 2015 1:56pm
via Android

You can give her a good example :) I hope she would like to quit smoking as well, doing this together could also strengthen your relationship ^^ If she doesn't want to quit smoking and that's OK for you, you can still make it a challenge: every cigarette she will be smoking in front of you will be a challenge and every time you don't get tempted (or maybe you'll get tempted but will resist) is going to be a win!!!

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jan 15, 2015 2:14pm
via Android

Very true! This was actually a lot of help. Thank you both very much! I'm going to keep all this in mind. But I'm really going to try! Thank you! :)

15 Jan
Good luck! I hope you'll succeed, because this will totally change your life! And you will be sooo proud of yourself :) I'm proud of you already, just stay focused
16 Jan
Good luck Josh!! BE STRONG, BE FIT!
Image_thumb
82 Posts
Jan 15, 2015 5:40pm
via Android

I made a topic on here when I stopped smoking. Used it like a diary and wrote something each day. It helped me stick to it cuz I knew people were reading it. Find your reason to quit and remind yourself of it every time you feel like giving in.
Also keeping busy (work, exercise,...) helps to keep your mind of it.

16 Jan
That is a great idea Janna and congrats on quitting! The how is important but the fact that you did means the most!!
Image_thumb
22 Posts
Jan 15, 2015 5:52pm
via Android

Also let people know that you want to quit and tell them not to offer you cigarettes. Most will offer still, but it helps yourself knowing that you already expressed your dedication.

Image_thumb
385 Posts
Jan 16, 2015 9:19am
via Android

I know a few hardened smokers who have quit and some smoking for 40 years..using ecigs!

The change is a little strange at first but more than bearable and every month lower the liquid strength from 18mg to 11mg month after 8mg then 4mg at this point you can take it or leave it as its hardly any nicotine and the weening process means you don't feel the need for a real cig or the ecig.

Studies have shown that if weening off smoking people are more likely to stay smoke free...In the people I know its proven true. Some have tried quiting getting in the past getting as far as 3 months and starting again...the eciggers are now off everything and have been for well over a year some maybe 2 years now.

16 Jan
Agreed! My friend hasn't had a cigarette in 6 months thanks to this ecig
16 Jan
My friend tried to quit so I told him to try this but he wanted to ween off by using chewing tobacco instead. I tried to warn him that won't work. Now he's addicted to cigarettes and chewing tobacco.
16 Jan
e-cigs also don't weigh you down and make you feel like a slug. From experience I noticed that when I smoked the real deal I did not feel like working out most of the time. Had to force myself. I was comfortable just sitting on my @ss smoking. That had to change ;-)
16 Jan
Yes although breathing, smell and taste  does improve..they still weigh you down and increase heart rate like cigs do...keep in mind your quiting not replacing ..  lol@chewing tabbaco, a friend did that with nicotine chewing gum and ended up using the gum during work and smoking as normal other times.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51