Exercises that don't put any Stress on the Back

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jan 25, 2015 8:13pm
via iOS
I had back surgery in August...I would like to know what exercises I could do that do not require bending my back and do not put any stress on my back. I will probably be able to start ending and using my back a little bit in about a month, but I want to start working out now. Any suggestions?
25 Jan
I am interested in this too. I had bulged disc surgery in Sept and I have to be very careful on exercises. As of right now I have only been walking.
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jan 25, 2015 8:34pm
via iOS
I had spinal fusion surgery.  They had to screw two rods to my spine because I have a rare form of scoliosis
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jan 26, 2015 1:29am
via Android

I have moderate scoliosis and now 2 bulging discs and sciatica,which is currently not active thankfully. I am trying to do mostly machines that support the back, and things lying down. (Skull crushers, chest press, flies, bridge, pilates for legs ) I am currently doing bodyweight training. I have a belt that weighs 20lbs for legs I have gotten, so I don't put any weight on the spine. No overhead pressing right now. Hanging things are good as they decompress my spine (dips, pullups). Hope that helps. Wish you a good recovery!

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jan 26, 2015 6:42am
via Android

Hey, your going to have to take it easy, yoga it's a must, obviously the harder movement will b to difficult butt there are thousands that will loosen and strengthen, sound good? Look up yoga

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51