How do I gain weight, without gaining body fat?

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Apr 21, 2015 3:32pm
via Android

In the begining of the year I used to weigh 120...I somehow lost 5 pounds by the beginning of March....stayed at 115 for march....And now I somehow lost another 5lbs. I am once again on the line of being healthy underweight to unhealthy underweight for my age and hight.... (I'm 19 and 5'2") I like that I'm skinny and all....but I want to gain weight so I can at the very least wear my pants without a belt...And having to pull them up all the time. Any tips????

21 Apr
I have the same problem. Would love to gain some weight. Not too much though. ....
21 Apr
I know what you mean....it sucks but in certain situations it's like yes I can eat all I want
21 Apr
Obviously you need to gain weight and depending on the amount of calories you are having each day, you should have more calories. If you want to be fit then you also need to burn those calories and go to the gym every now and then but don't do it all the time...hope this advice helps!
21 Apr
Yes that's the nice part.
21 Apr
Lettie, I am ALWAYS EATING, I rarely workout let alone I have never set foot in a gym....I eat just about everything I can find, cup noodles, pizza to oatmeal and Eggs...it's extreamly rare to see me without food.
Image_thumb
24 Posts
Apr 21, 2015 5:24pm
via Android

Tbh i think the best way is to gain some body fat then just tighten it up. Thats what i do an it works at getting my arms bigger

21 Apr
How do I gain body fat? I'm always eating....however I never seem to gain weight...
21 Apr
The best way i think is slow your work outs down eat more but keep active just not as much an wjen you start to gain weight is when you switch to mustly sit ups, an crunches. Do work outs that will tone your body an not make you lose weight
21 Apr
Hmm...I'll give it a shot
21 Apr
Alright it works for me an it helped some of my friends out so it should work
21 Apr
What type of workouts do u do to tone Chris?
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Apr 21, 2015 6:37pm
via Android

So your trying to gain muscle mass without the body fat. I hear ya. It's a difficult process to be honest. And although I can talk to you forever about this, seriously forever. I'm going to suggest Google jim stoppani shortcut to size. It's a free program designed for gaining mass. Read through it and you will learn a lot.

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Apr 21, 2015 7:04pm
via Android

Loooots of eating. If you're continually losing weight then you're not taking in enough calories and your body is burning through your fat. Increase your healthy fats intake (nuts, coconut oil, peanut butter, avocado) as well as your proteins (eggs, chicken, nuts, cottage cheese). There is so much truth to "you are what you eat" so keep it clean and healthy!

21 Apr
I eat ALL THE TIME. From pizza, cup noodles to oatmeal and eggs....And I munch on everything...dried fruit, almonds, trail mix.....yet I have a hard time gaining weight.
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Apr 21, 2015 7:16pm
via Android

How often do you exercise? How many meals a day? When do you snack? Do you eat anything after dinner?

21 Apr
I rarely exercise....I have 3~4 meals a day, I am constantly snacking. After dinner I still snack...on just about anything I can find....my only exercise is at school....my first class is down stairs on one side of campus and my second class is upstairs at the opposite side of campus....And running my daily errands...other than that I don't excersice ...
21 Apr
How bout caffeine and sugar(candy) intake?
21 Apr
...hm....I don't keep track of it.. but maybe like 1 or 2 chocolate bars....caffeine....I drink maybe 1-2 sodas a day.....every now and then I pigout and eat up to 4 candies a day and 3 sodas.....but that's usually at parties....(on average that is give or take a few)
21 Apr
All seems to be pretty average. Based on your age I'd say your metabolism is just in major overdrive. Keep giving your body fuel. Focus on complex carbs and high fiber snacks. You might lean out a little more but it will achieve a balance. If you are very worried there are calorie or "gainer" shakes you can purchase from places like Complete Nutrition and GNC. They are very high carb, protein and calorie drinks so use as a last resort.
21 Apr
Okay thanks :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51