What to do when your sick?

6 posts | Original | Recent
3 Posts
Sep 29, 2015 2:38am
via Android

Lately I've had a cold but im still getting up and doing what I should. Does anybody have tips to on what to eat and do when your sick?

29 Sep
Lots of fluids keep yourself hydrated eat soups and fruits light meals not too heavy
29 Sep
Alright I'll do that. Thx so much
29 Sep
If its just a cold, I still stick with my daily grind. Gym, eat, work play etc. I feel like I get over symptoms a lot faster while staying active. And I have read a study that suggests light cardio will hinder symptoms of a common cold. Now if I have the flu or other kinds of more extreme illness I will lie in the bed like a baby crying
29 Sep
I do yoga when am sick
29 Sep
Exercise and tough it out
280 Posts
Sep 29, 2015 11:14am
via Android

It depends on what your illness is if it's a cold rest for a few days and start up again with moderate to easy workouts.

29 Sep
Wow awesome thx guys that helped me alot
45 Posts
Sep 29, 2015 3:26pm

Lots of fluids as others have said, and nutritious food that your stomach and throat can handle. Get lots of rest!

If you continue with exercise (and I wouldn't recommend going to the gym if there's any chance you're contagious), my not-an-expert suggestion would be to keep it in moderation and really listen to your body's signals.  Go a bit easier on yourself than you otherwise might. Your body is using its resources to fight off the bug and deal with the symptoms. Stop if you're feeling dizzy or weak, especially weight-bearing moves or equipment that require you to maintain good form for safety. The last thing you need if you're already sick is to fall down, pull a muscle or drop a weight on your toe. :(

If you're coughing a lot or are very stuffed up, pay extra attention to your breathing as you work out.

I also recommend a long hot bath (unless you're feverish) as the steam will probably feel good in your nose and throat. Spicy foods are also good when you're feeling congested in the sinuses as they can help get things flowing a little, but maybe give them a pass if your throat is sore or your tummy is touchy. A good book is also great therapy when you're sick. :)

01 Oct
Great question! GREAT answer! Thank you both.
34 Posts
Sep 29, 2015 4:00pm
via Android

Eat, what you want to eat

1 Post
Oct 1, 2015 12:31pm
via Android

Wish a speedy recovery

2 Posts
Oct 3, 2015 2:07am
via Android

Glad you asked this question. I have a cold now and don't feel like exercising. But people gave good advice. I think I will try yoga for now.

03 Oct
O yea haha. Go for it

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51