Hip problems

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Dec 4, 2015 4:36am
via Android

So, I have hip problems, and when I work out there's almost always a popping noise in my hip. Plus it can be painful sometimes. Anybody know any workouts that are easy on the hips?

04 Dec
I'm no expert but a slight popping noise is somewhat normal, also in your knees e.g. If you got clearance from a medic to prevent serious problems, you can still do any workouts. Be a bit more cautious maybe on your form (rather slow than sloppy) and incorporate workouts like "Free your hips" before you do other things or every other day
Image_thumb
954 Posts
Dec 4, 2015 1:28pm
via Android

Not sure what you're doing that hurts but what I did for my weird pain in the backs of my knees on leg curls was to go down to very low weight that didn't have my tendons twinging, and do more reps. Noticing definite improvement.

You may need to strengthen the smaller connective tissue around the joint, before you're ready to start actually challenging the larger muscles of the leg. This is relatively common, I think.  Hopefully you can work through it. I've noticed an old shoulder injury that mildly bothered me for years has really improved as I've worked out.

04 Dec
Yoga is always a good thing to explore
04 Dec
It's basically any leg workout that I do, that aggravates it. It's because my hip comes out of alignment. What do you suggest for strengthening the tendons around it?
04 Dec
*connective tissue
Image_thumb
32 Posts
Jan 4, 2016 9:25pm
via Android

There are some moves that when I do them my hips click. I have weak hamstrings and too tight muscles on one of my legs though so perhaps that's why.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51