PCOS and me...

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jan 10, 2016 10:04am
via iOS
I am open to any tips to help me lose at least 20 pounds over the next 3 months as a short term goal. Long term I want to lose a total of 85 pounds. I am currently 221, trying to get in shape so that I can work on having a child which I so desperately want.
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Jan 10, 2016 12:56pm
via Android

Here's a tip: Nutrition is the most important part of losing weight. If you haven't yet, get the myfitnesspal app. It's free. It takes a bit of effort to learn to use it comfortably, and you'll prob never feel like you're doing it perfectly, but you can really learn a lot about what you're putting into your body and where your nutrients and energy are coming from.

Um, other tips, about skimble or working out in general:

Start small. Develop new habits. Like everyday after lunch you do ten squats, or everyday before breakfast you do 50 jumping jacks. Whatever it is, it can be small, but it's something you commit to doing for a length of time. Like, tell yourself "I'll just do this for three (or whatever number) months, THEN I can give it up if I want to"

A two minute workout is better than nothing, and can often lead to more.

Don't underestimate the power of walking.

10 Jan
Thanks Patrick! I really appreciate the tips I will certainly use them to begin.
10 Jan
Patrick's right, i remember myself starting with the "7 minute scientific workouts" and then after some weeks i was like "this is so awesome" after seeing my body change. Then i took it seriously and started working out more often
Adobephotoshopexpress_2013_12_04_19_48_56_thumb
57 Posts
Jan 12, 2016 12:40am
via Android

I was diagnosed with PCOS several years ago. Having a healthy body weight is so important when trying to conceive. I took a year to prepare my body for having a baby. Besides dieting, I cut out caffeine, doubled my water in take, started taking a prenatel vitamin, etc. I'm 39 and still trying to conceive baby #1, currently on Clomid, and IVF treatment number 4 coming up soon.

Wished I would have started a healthy lifestyle 10 years ago and possibly skipped fertility treatments.

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jan 12, 2016 1:03am
via iOS
Hello Suzanna
You are so right and I certainly understand where you are coming from. I'm wishing I understood more about PCOS and the importance of healthy living. For both of us there is no time like the present!!! I am in preparation now so that I can conceive and am extremely excited that you have taken steps too! 

My work schedule is extremely hectic so I decided to join a meal delivery program. I've been on it for about 6 weeks now. Although I am afraid to weigh myself, I've noticed a slight change in the way my jeans fit. I decided it was time to add some exercise so joining skimble seemed like the right thing to do.

I have been off of metformin for about a year and boy was that a mistake. I gained 30 pounds and felt it all over: tired, depressed and more tired. I'll be going back to the doctor next month to start metformin again and talk about options to start clomid. If it's not to intrusive may I ask what dosage did you start on for clomid? 

I hope that we continue to keep in touch and encourage each other along as I know the emotional and physical tolls suffered when having PCOS.

Congratulations on your successes this far. Sending massive amounts of baby dust!!!
Adobephotoshopexpress_2013_12_04_19_48_56_thumb
57 Posts
Jan 12, 2016 2:15am
via Android

Hi Rhonda,

I started on 25mg of Clomid and its still my current dosage. I think age plays a big factor because of the risk of multiples. My last scan I had 4 folicles between 18-22 cm, so the low dosage works for me.

Just a heads up throw your scale away. I gain about 8lbs each month when I'm on clomid but was told it was from the massive amounts of hormones. It takes about a week for the bloat to go away. I just use a body fat analyzer now.

If you decide to go on Clomid make sure your getting scans and being monitored for OHSS.

Good luck and sending you tons of baby dust :)

Image_thumb
211 Posts
Feb 25, 2016 12:48pm
via Android

I might get PCOS according to the doctor :(
What is it exactly?

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51