Shoulder pain, not muscle pain, any help?

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
54 Posts
Jan 10, 2016 4:28pm
via Android

Hello guys,
1 week ago, i did my shoulder workout after which my shoulders hurt ALOT, and they arent the muscles, ita something else at the inside or the back of the shoulder, can someone say what it is. It isnt looking like the pain is workout pain because it isnt reducing. Can someone exactly say what it is? I 'guess' its rotator cuff impingement.
Any exercises to reduce the pain?
And i did the following exercises on that day:-
Rear lateral dumbell raises
Dymbell front raises
Upright rows
Military dumbell presses
Seated dumbell presses
I did all this with a 7kg dumbell(around 16 pounds).
Maybe i was wrong in the form?
What are the do's and don't's to avoid injuries while doing a shoulder workout?
Please guys i count on u.

10 Jan
11 Jan
A good way to tell if you have problems with shoulder mobility is to get a barbell and do behind the neck press. If you feel uncomfortable with performing those with a unloaded barbell you may have some issues. But I would say don't worry too much about the pain if you are relatively new to weight lifting you will feel all sorts of new pains. 16 lbs is relatively light so I don't think you hurt yourself.
11 Jan
Donts = upright rows. Unnecessary and injury prone exercise.
11 Jan
Shoulders are probably the most complicated joint area A lot of muscles meet up there. Find some anatomy pictures of it and try to locate were te painful area is. Not something u want to disregard as these injuries affect a lot of other activities
Image_thumb
172 Posts
Jan 10, 2016 4:34pm
via Android

I got persistent shoulder pain for a few month now. I got it checked by doing an I.R.M at the hospital and it is an inflamation on a ligaments which spreads pain on 3 muscles....my advise is to stop training until pain get away and have it checked by a doctor if it doesn't.

10 Jan
Yeah i was thinking about it. It wouldnt be great if it got worse and then it would result in a surgery maybe
11 Jan
And even if not needing a surgery, inflammation can last....well....for ever and if you do like me and ignore it..in the best case scenario you may have no serious injury but a strong and lasting pain each time you train for months or years....so wait the pain to go away so it do not become chronic:-)
Image_thumb
54 Posts
Jan 10, 2016 4:47pm
via Android

Along with what Hypnotic said.... muscle tension can travel into the tendons & ligaments in an adjoining joint.  I get joint pain in my shoulder from headaxhes.. the headaches make my back muscles tense ..causing pain in my shoulder joints. Maybe avoid shoulder workouts for awhile, do plenty of stretching for the shoulder, upper back, neck  area.

10 Jan
Thank u kimberly :)
Image_thumb
196 Posts
Jan 11, 2016 1:39pm
via Android

I have some joints that aren't acting right in my shoulder too, especially painful doing flys, I'm using fish oil to help with the grinding, might see a doc if it gets worse

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51