Bad knees. How to work on legs and but with bad knees?

5 posts | Original | Recent
2 Posts
Jan 17, 2016 5:31pm
via Android

My wife have really bad knees. She really have a great body, legs and but, but need to maintain it with workout, and that is hard with bad knees. Can someone make a couple of moderate workouts for girls like her? Or give some advices at least?

17 Jan
My sister has bad knees too
237 Posts
Jan 17, 2016 10:05pm
via Android

Do leg extention with light weight

11 Posts
Jan 18, 2016 7:02pm
via Android

Also message the sides or easier get a foam roller message all around the knees not on the knee since it's body pressure using a foam roller.

19 Jan
Hehe, she'll like that!
139 Posts
Jan 19, 2016 3:52pm
via Android

Water activities can take the stress off of the joints, if you have access to a pool.
Otherwise have her try leg exercise with light weights but watch the form.  When squatting or lunging don't let the knees go beyond the toes.  Try closed chain exercises(foot on a surface-ground or platform) and open chained(foot free-leg extension).  Depending on what issues there are in the knee one form maybe better than the other.
And finally don't forget about hip and ankle stability exercises as well, they could lead to knee pain if the knee is compensating for hip or ankle instability

19 Jan
Well, this about ankles and hips is interesting. English is not my first language, so for the rest of your answer I'll have to consult google.
821 Posts
Jan 20, 2016 7:37am
via Android

You should avoid leg extensions and leg curls altogether.  They are notorious for wrecking knees. The landmine reverse lunge and defecit deadlifts seem like a good fit here. Hope this helps.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51