Disabled

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Feb 13, 2016 12:30pm
via iOS
I have a neuromuscular disorder called cervical dystonia/spasmodic torticollis. I'm currently working on getting my medications adjusted to help me deal with some recent changes my body has gone through and the pain.
13 Feb
I can relate after my tbi in 2013 learning how to deal with tone & spastic
Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Feb 13, 2016 1:52pm
via iOS
Hi Carol. How old are you, if that's not too presumptuous and how lucky not ago were you diagnosed? We're you involved in any formal fitness training prior to your diagnosis and would you tell me the medication you have to take.  It is all relevant information that we have to ask clients before introducing them to any fitness training. Medications can have an effect on the body's responses and how it tolerates it all.
13 Feb
Hello. I have been disabled since January, 2009. I have a neuromuscular disorder called cervical dystonia/spasmodic torticollis, which has caused many other health problems. I will be 49 years old in April. I was doing a lot of walking and some exercising for the past year, but I had a setback in my disorder brought on by a lot of stress in my life. That all started around Christmas time. I'm still dealing with a lot of pain and trying to get my medications adjusted, so I will be better able to do the stretching and strengthening exercises that I...
Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Feb 13, 2016 5:41pm

Hey Carol.  The most important thing for you to follow is ALWAYS the guidance of your medical team. I'm sure there are a lot of people who would proffer advice and no matter how well intended could be misleading at best, dangerous at best. I am not totally familiar with all your terminology(I'm in the UK) and will need to research, which I'm happy to do. However, because you are not unfamiliar with exercise would suggest that you initiate a programme of stretching, as you suggest together with cardiovascular work, ie walking to begin with. I feel that the most important thing is tat you DO NOT overdue it, yet continuity is of great benefit. Each day, stretch for an extra 3 minutes and walk for an extra two.  Hope this is of interest to you.

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Feb 13, 2016 9:41pm
via Android

Hi am new on here. Brain tumor 10 % chance of living, but here! Not cancerous, but was so big attached to my optical, ears, jaw, skull  thalamus and what's left grew around main arteries to my brain. Had Gamma Knife to stop the growth. So far so good, 6 + years life extension. Was stroked out during craniotomy,  cut my Thalamus. So started by learning to hold a fork again. So really do what I can with the gym. I believe just going, being in the environment will hook up the synapses and connect the brain. So this ox very important. Great to be here!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51