Any Diastasis Recti safe core workouts?

6 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Mar 28, 2016 1:55pm
via iOS
I'm in the healing process and I need a safe core routine. I wear a brace that holds me together so I can do planks but I would like to avoid any crunch style. Basically what are work outs that target your core while not being core specific..
Image_thumb
50 Posts
Mar 28, 2016 2:06pm
via Android

Oh ouch. Uhhh im not sure you should be doing ab workouts if your muscles have separated, doing really any ab workouts could make it worse. As to ab workout work more on a shearing motion. Talk to your doctor. Only things i ca n think of thats light enough for something like that would be Very light torso twists ( i mean very light) slow slow motions NOT twisting as far as you can. You could also (if you can) bend over and touch your toes, come back up and give a small flex at the top of the rep..... man be safe i dont want you to get hurt more

Image_thumb
50 Posts
Mar 28, 2016 2:07pm
via Android

I would stay doing long planks for now

Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Mar 28, 2016 2:23pm
via iOS
Thanks for the suggestion! I wear a wrap/brace that's holds my abdominals in the correct position so I am able to begin to strengthen my care. It does seem crazy to try to do an ab routine though. (I've been in physical therapy for a while) I've almost completely closed the gap but I'm bored with the wall sits and planks.
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Apr 2, 2016 12:48pm
via Android

You really should consult with a physical therapist before initiating any core workout program.

Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Apr 2, 2016 3:14pm
I've seen one for 8weeks and I have several things I can do. I'm just bored with these routines and hoping someone has something to help things change up. I also would like something more challenging. I hope to find new ideas that are not going to involve any crunch style moves.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51