Exercising with Rheumatoid Arthritis

3 posts | Original | Recent

12928205_10207552353320924_2673356578885095957_n_thumb
10 Posts
Apr 30, 2016 1:38am
via Android

Hello all, I am new to the community. I am looking for others who are living with RA to share ideas etc for what works and what doesn't work. Anyone else besides me living with RA?

14 May
Hi, I have RA too. I have been running and doing Pilates for the last 3 weeks however my joints are now very unhappy with me!! I have rested for a few days and am going to try doing some weights and see if I can improve the strength in my arms as it is non existent at the moment. I am very determined to try to get fit despite this rubbish disease
14 May
i wish there were Tai Chi workouts in this app...they are good for RA. I can go walking without too much trouble, hut running is too much for my knees and feet!
Image_thumb
1 Post
May 12, 2016 3:37am
via iOS
Hi Elizabeth!
I don't normally check the forums so I apologize for being late to reply. I don't have RA, but I do have AS, Ankylosing spondylitis, but pain is pain, right? My main suggestion would be weight training...not to look like Arnold Schwarzenegger, but more muscle fibers=more calories burned. Three to five lb Dumbbells (or bags of sugar, whatever's handy). With AS my energy and breathing ability fluctuates so I usually can't do more than 5 minutes at a time, but 5 min in the morning, 5 at lunch, 5 at dinner etc whatever works. "Do what you can do!" Don't over do it; don't do moves that cause sharp pain.  Some days are better than others right? Good luck! Send me a msg anytime if you have a question.
12 May
thanks Stefanie! will do!!
Image_thumb
5 Posts
May 17, 2016 12:01am
via iOS
I don't have RA. But I have lupus. The easiest for me is walking and yoga. It's worked so far and it actually helps tremendously with the joint pain! Hope this helps! You 
05 Jun
my dad has RA, Fibro, and OsreoA. He has had RA since he was 13. Each day he seems to be getting worse. Its hard to sit back and watch him because it feels like he is starting to give up. He is tough guy and a fighter but i really think if he needs my help right now. Thats why im reaching out to this community to see if anyone has some suggestions on workouts he may be able to do. I am really interested in some pool workouts or some low impact training. Would anyone happen to have...

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51