Do you suffer from depression? Interesting news

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
215 Posts
Jun 11, 2016 1:27am

If you suffer from depression, it's a sign that your brain doesn't get enough serotonin. Most of the medicin is trying to increase serotonin or to avoid the reduction of this hormon. Serotonin is also known as "happiness hormon".

The problem: We can't simply eat it. It has to be made in our brain. But we can eat protein, especially tryptophan. But tryptophan is very shy or nice, just like you want it. If there are more amino acids (protein) which wants to go to our brain, tryptophan is waiting. Until your body takes it for other things. So we have to make sure, to have much tryptophan - the best is to eat protein from soya or milk. And 20-30min later little(!) sugar. A banana for example.

Next you need zinc. Zinc is needed for the process to transform tryptophan into serotonin. Cink is best accepted from your body together vwith vitamin c.

Cardio is having a positive effect too
Magnesium and b-vitamins have a positive impact

Summary:

- Eat more protein, especially L-tryptophan
- Substitute zinc together with vitamin c
- Substitute b-vitamins- Substitute magnesium
- do cardio

Don't stop going to a doc! Ask him to measure cink and magnesium in your blood. Take your medicine as long as you don't feel really better. These tipps don't mean you don't need external help.

11 Jun
By cinc you meant zinc right?
11 Jun
I am also confused about cink?
11 Jun
Sorry, yes it's zinc
11 Jun
Thanks for sharing Heiko!
11 Jun
You're welcome Amy im going to add more
Image_thumb
54 Posts
Jun 11, 2016 4:33am
via Android

Since I started working out every day, I am not feeling depressed. I can remember easily my every day chors and I'm feeling happy to have met you.

11 Jun
Thanks Maria, I'm also happy to know you. It's wonderful to read you feel much better since you workout
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Jun 11, 2016 6:07am
via Android

I you feel light depressed sometimes you need also Vitamin D3. This is build when you get enough sun. You can also take it as a pill in autumn or winter.

11 Jun
About vitamin D i could write a book... in germany and in all countries of the northern hemisphere you have to substitute vit d from fall til spring!
Image_thumb
159 Posts
Jun 11, 2016 6:28am
via Android

Interesting to know! Great topic :) Vit B12 is another happy vitamin I think.

11 Jun
True Pinky! Like i said, all b-vitamins are very important
Image_thumb
172 Posts
Jun 13, 2016 10:19am
via Android

What about 5-HTP? read somewhere it is better than l-tryptophan as supplement, and other places than l-tryptophan us better

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51