I'd been experiencing lower back pain just below the waistline (which I think gets worse day after day) after I started to miss my daily workouts. No, this did not only happen now. I've been experiencing back pains that's why I've been trying to exercise

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Nov 9, 2016 11:11am
via iOS
Need your advice, please...
18 Nov
yoga or pilates will work...lower back pain can be a sign of dehydration, kidney imbalance or even a weak diaphragm so drink more water...and the yoga and pilates will help improve your breathing pattern by strengthening your diaphragm...good luck
18 Nov
i used to practise systematic kinesiology and was a physical therapist and these two usually do the trick...
Image_thumb
43 Posts
Nov 18, 2016 4:25am
via Android

Hi. You can try some yoga moves like the cat cow, sphinx pose, cobra pose, etc. Moves that help stretch that lower back. It feels great afterwards. Is the pain consistent or is it caused by exercise?

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Nov 19, 2016 2:43am
via iOS
Thanks a lot for this advice, Mike. Will try harder to workout more often now. I've missed 3 days already as of time of reply.
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Nov 19, 2016 3:11am
via iOS
Hi Calvin! Exercise actually alleviates the pain somehow but during busy days when I miss working out, I also start feeling the pain. Could it be bad posture as well?
19 Nov
Posture can definitely be a cause of lower back pain. Tight muscles or weak core muscles can cause this. Muscle imbalances. Hip flexors and hamstrings might also cause it. But I'm glad exercise alleviates the pain. I also see in started a back pain relief program which is excellent! Another question. Do you have a sedentary job? Sitting for long periods has an effect on your lower back as well.
19 Nov
I agree with tight muscles. I'm not really the type of person who's into exercises. I just started exercising late 2014. On and off after that. Also, I spent a lot of time in the office, if not traveling lately. Any workout you can recommend to loosen tight muscles?
19 Nov
I was also thinking that doing exercises on a daily basis helped in loosening muscles and correcting postures but since I did not do it on a regular basis and I've skipped some days, my muscles go back to it's "more relaxed" state which is what it used to before I started exercising-which causes pain. This is just a personal assumption
19 Nov
Ah. Ok then. That makes sense. A lot of people who have office jobs experience lower back pain at some point in their lives since they spend a lot of time sitting. However, simple exercises can help a lot with this. The pain may be caused by muscle imbalances. For example, if the front muscles are too tight, or stronger, the back muscles will be pulled forward causing them to be loose and "relaxed". So you need to strengthen them to make them even. Same goes if it's the other way around. It's a push and pull effect. Here are...
20 Nov
These are really great suggestions! Thank you sooo sooo much, Calvin! Looking forward to a stronger and fitter me. Thanks for the inspiration!

Skimble-workout-trainer-download-app-recommended-programs

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51

Workout Trainer Forums

Welcome Wagon

6,217 topics, 38,279 posts

Motivation & Support

8,522 topics, 41,759 posts

App Updates

13 topics, 43 posts

Ask the Pros

718 topics, 1,827 posts

Workouts and Programs