Cold remedies

11 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
8 Posts
Feb 24, 2013 8:59pm
via iOS
Hi guys, laid up in bed again made up with cold! Not been able to work out for last 5 days . Anyone got any remedies that work? Done lemsips, paracetamol, lucozade, whiskey and warm water, plenty of vitamin c, steaming and electric blanket to sweat it out!
Pissed cos its 2nd time this year!
Help!!!
Image_thumb
41 Posts
Feb 24, 2013 9:21pm
via Android

You just need to sleep it off, drink more clear fluids, and consume vitamin C. Soup is good. Buckleys cold and flu usually works for me.

You probably worked out soo hard your body is telling you to take a vacay. ;-)

Icon_missing_thumb
8 Posts
Feb 24, 2013 9:34pm
Yeah probably did work to hard. Did spinning class two fridays ago,felt like I had hit my brick wall after I'd finished. Woke up saturday,every joint in my body ached,sunday felt crap, monday right as rain! Did two spinning classes half hour apart with bench pressing on smith machine in that half hour! Been hit for six ever since! Really enjoy the feeling though when I've been beasted in the gym with my workouts. Just need to calm it down a bit I think! Not getting any younger.
24 Feb
Wow go easy there tiger. Dont burn yourself out. Consistentcy and eating right will help you achieve your goal. Start light then work yourself up by increasing intensity.
Image_thumb
30 Posts
Feb 24, 2013 9:38pm
via iOS
Vicks vapor rub :) theraflu tea
Icon_missing_thumb
8 Posts
Feb 24, 2013 9:48pm
Have been a gym bunny for the last 10 years and hit my brick wall bout 4 years ago when I used to work out with my husband and his mates. We were doing weights and moved onto chin ups,did 2 and just broke down in the weights section! Only time I ever showed I was girly lol. Gonna look at my training and change things me thinks!!!
24 Feb
Umm then maybe you should give me a few pointers instead lol. Sounds good. You know what to do. Hope you feel better soon. Keep us posted.
Image_thumb
89 Posts
Feb 24, 2013 10:57pm
via Android

You could try zinc supplements, they've been shown to shorten a cold/flu bug. Or echinacea, but there is less evidence that it helps. Take care

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Feb 24, 2013 11:26pm
via iOS
0offffer
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Feb 25, 2013 12:04am
via Android

Elderberry tea works almost instantly.

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Feb 25, 2013 2:58pm
via iOS
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Feb 25, 2013 3:09pm
via Android

Hope u feel better. Try a nice warm vapor bath for aches followed by some hot tea with lemon and honey in it and get some rest. Vicks also to help u breath before you close your eyes.

Icon_missing_thumb
8 Posts
Mar 3, 2013 9:54am
via iOS
Hi guys, quick update, ended up at drs Wednesday evening, got a lung infection so on antibiotics, steroids and blue inhaler.  Felt like a cat with a furball with all the coughing I've done lol. Starting to feel a bit better today, thanks for all your advice xx 

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51