Fractured ankle

3 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Mar 22, 2013 11:00pm
via iOS
I just fractured my ankle and now can't do any exercise for 4 weeks. :/ I am used to running about 4 miles every morning and then doing a 45 to hour workout every evening. I eat a lot of food though and am worried about gaining weight over these next weeks. I don't want to drop my metabolism by cutting back too much of what I eat but I don't want to gain weight by not being able to exercise. What should I do? And what is the best way to strengthen my ankle after it heals :D thank you!!!!
P_20151025_101757_1_bf_p_thumb
51 Posts
Mar 23, 2013 4:15am
via Android

You can strengthen your ankles by doing tippy toes.  The number of reps are not as important as the form.  Make sure that you are lifting yourself up straight; your ankles shouldn't buckle to the sides while you're lifting.  Start off by doing both feet at the same time.  You can then alternate sides as you get stronger.

23 Mar
He fractured his ankle
23 Mar
After his ankle has recovered ^
23 Mar
Yes, I fractured mine as well. My PT had me do tippy toes to regain strength after it healed.
Fullsizeoutput_9c0_thumb
667 Posts
Mar 23, 2013 4:29am
via iOS
Sleep is also an important factor to consider when loosing weight also maintaining. And just get yourself into a good diet plan to make sure you don't add on too many calories

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51