Cardiac Disease

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Mar 28, 2013 5:07pm
via Android

Hello.. I have a slew of heart issues and have been cleared to do activity and workouts as tolerated. The only current restriction is lifting..(can only lift push or pull up to 10lbs) I have already lost 50lbs by changing my diet alone and now im all flabby lol... i need to know if anyone knows a good way to start getting rid of the flab using something lighter than bodyweight (i dobt have any dumbells :( ) Also a good way to start kicking up the metabolism without the intense cardio... it makes me really dizzy just to do a few jumping jacks!!.. ive tried yoga.. but since im a rookie at it i have trouble getting the alignment and im not sure how to make variations of some of the bodyweight poses (such as the plank posisition) please help!!! Thank you :) :)

Image_thumb
109 Posts
Mar 28, 2013 5:26pm
via Android

I don't know what kind of heart problems you have. I have SVT. My heart beats too fast and I have to take medication everyday. I had an ablation procedure done when I was 27. I'm not overweight and never have been. You can use things like soup cans to work your muscles. Do squats and push ups, you can do the push ups on your knees. My cardiologist gave me the okay to workout hard. I just have to listen to my body. If I get dizzy, I slow down for a little bit. Working out is very important when you have a heart conditon. I know it can be scary but you will improve everyday if you keep up with it. Good luck

28 Mar
Thanks for the reply ! I have Congestive Heart Failure as well as Atrial Fibrulation.. i have recently been implanted with a pacemaker/defribulator device this year in january...and im only 26. Its very difficult to do push ups on the floor, so i use the wall . i never thought of soup cans will definately have to try that ! Ive been overweight my entire life and when i had my surgery i realized my body was composed of a ton of fluid and not harmful fat hence losing the 50lbs so quickly.
28 Mar
Oh wow! Wall push ups are fine. Don't give up on yoga. You will get the moves down. It does sound like you need to take it a little easier. Just going for a walk is good for you. I wish you the best of luck!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51