Ab exercises with a back issue?

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
14 Posts
May 14, 2013 6:42pm
via iOS
When i was 12, i had scoliosis surgery and now have a rod in my back. As a result, i can't bend or do any type of crunches. Ive been trying to work on losing weight and finding exercises to do so, but its tough when you cant do any moves to fix that major problem area Does anyone know any exercises to help tone up the core area?
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
May 14, 2013 6:49pm
via iOS
Try all kinds of basic martial arts kicks, the core shall be involved immensely. Combine them with springs and rapid shift movements to enforce cardio and metabolic reactions.:) let know if works fine for u
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jun 7, 2013 4:21am
via iOS
Maybe try some standing exercises like side bends, elbow to knee cross, and torso twists to work your obliques....and planks would be good too since you wouldn't have to bend. Ask your dr. First tho. :-)
Image_thumb
41 Posts
Jun 7, 2013 4:29am
via iOS
Planks are best, hanging leg raises or knee tucks work as well. You can focus on squeezing the core during any dumbbell exercise, works similar to planks.
186900_520166697_3499344_n_thumb
1 Post
Jun 8, 2013 9:03am
via iOS
Try searching for "Dead Bug" exercises. These are exercises that I typically will give my patients with low back issues (physical therapy). Also, any abdominal isometric exercises using a stability ball should be okay.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51