Is it OK to run daily?

8 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
14 Posts
May 22, 2013 12:52pm
via Android

I run 10k daily, literally everyday.
My legs become sore but I keep running, after some time my legs tend to be back to normal. I still carry-on. Now I feel, that I run too much, and my legs feel tired. Should I carry on? And let be?

22 May
If you feel you're doing too much, you should listen to yourself. There isa condition (don't know what it's called in english) with what you could collapse like middle of your run just because your body is too tired (even if you're not feeling so), so you do need rest. With this your body also stops developing, so you could do example loooooong long runs, but there's no improvement in your health.
22 May
Haha lol justchecked dictionary, it is overtraining ;)
Icon_missing_thumb
14 Posts
May 22, 2013 1:22pm
via Android

Ok, thanks for your help , I'll make sure to skip it on Sundays or something like that. =D.

Image_thumb
242 Posts
May 22, 2013 2:15pm
via Android

As Mari k , told Dont overtrain ..just listen to yourself and observe your body reactions ...if you feel sore or tired ..just enough, in the sense take some rest breath deeply ,if you want you can continue running or you can end it...and next day you can run again..

Fullsizeoutput_9c0_thumb
667 Posts
May 22, 2013 2:22pm
via iOS
Rest 1 day or 2 days a week. Overworking your body can be
22 May
Hazardous
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jun 13, 2013 3:40am
via iOS
I'm two weeks into letting my knees recover from not slowing down or stopping when I started to feel pain. Like others are telling you, listen to your body and if you're like me and just wanna keep going hard find another exercise that's safe for your body
Image_thumb
45 Posts
Jun 16, 2013 12:26pm
via iOS
Work it up slowly.. 1km first month 2km next and etc.. Over stressing ur legs can cause problems later on.. Ur joints are well protected by a special fluid to prevent friction  between, if overuse it will be slowly pushed out to then point where bone meets bone, and thats very painful. If ur serious on running, ask assistance from professionals..
Image_thumb
28 Posts
Jun 16, 2013 2:15pm
via iOS
If you run the same distance every day your body will get used to it so you don't need to take a break unless you up it but you will a large portion of your upper body muscle mass :( if you haven't already ran it off :P
Image_thumb
731 Posts
Jun 16, 2013 5:11pm
via iOS
I run 10km a Day most Days to. No problem tjere. Just eat accordingly. Muscle rifts (what courses DOMS ( muscle soreness)) aren't accumulative. So you should be safe as long your only sore.

If you feal any pain you should stop immidietly and rest.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51