Allergies affecting my energy levels.

12 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
22 Posts
May 27, 2013 6:46pm
via Android

I have allergies really bad. I keep getting headaches and becoming lightheaded, but worst of all my energy levels keep dropping. I have tried other things to increase my energy levels like kiwis, vitamins and such. Any suggestions?

Image_thumb
221 Posts
May 28, 2013 1:01am
via Android

i don't think denish knows what allergies r

Image_thumb
221 Posts
May 28, 2013 1:55am
via Android

Personally, for my outdoor allergies, I take strong antihistamines and drinks lots of hot tea/coffee.

and of course try to avoid your body's allergen as much as possible

Image_thumb
221 Posts
May 28, 2013 2:04am
via Android

your diet can/will affect your energy level, but allergies can pretty much trump that.
they are equally important, treat your allergies, and eat healthy.

good luck

Image_thumb
23 Posts
May 30, 2013 9:36pm
via Android

I have allergies and actually used to take the shots years ago until I decided to ween myself off of them. I know for sure you have to eat healthy, also try to eat food high in proteins and definitely vitamin c. If u r not taking some type of multivitamin u may need to start. One more thing try zyrtex, it works for me, vitamin water as well (the one that says energy)

30 May
Good luck! Go for it and dont let allergies stop your train.
Image_thumb
23 Posts
May 30, 2013 9:42pm
via Android

There r plenty of days I catch myself dragging because of my allergies but I convince myself that I really want this

Image_thumb
203 Posts
May 30, 2013 11:39pm
via iOS
Allergies laid me out yesterday after my workout. Had to go to the Doctor so know what your feeling. Got a shot but have to wait 3-5 days for the full effect to kick in. Messed me up today and I've been taking it easy. The shots usually work well for me. Just waiting for them to work their magic is what sucks as your suffering until then. :-( Will be doing some light workouts in a bit anyway because I don't want to break my routine. :-) sometimes the pollen count is just too high and even though I eat super healthy, take vitamins every day, it still boils down to your bodies ability to adjust quickly enough to the amount of pollen in your area. This year it's really bad in my area.
Crop_thumb
4 Posts
Jun 20, 2013 4:18am

i feel you-  before i had my allergy shots as a kid, i had allergies so severe they stunted my growth.  No energy, all i wanted to do was lay around.  Then i had the allergy shots in second grade, and i started growing closer to normal for my age.  Now the shots have worn off (about 5 years ago) and i take multiple allergy and asthma medicines daily to manage symptoms.  Do what you need to do to get your symptoms in control- and talk to your doctor about how it's affecting your daily life. 

avoid any triggers that you're able to- including foods that might be problematic (if you're not sure what things trigger you, you can have allergy testing done, or keep a daily journal of the things you get exposed to and how you're feeling that day).

Hope you're feeling top-notch soon!

Image_thumb
221 Posts
Jun 20, 2013 9:52pm
via Android

i had an allergy test done 2 weeks ago and they said I'm allergic to LETTUCE. idk how that's possible i eat lettuce almost everyday.
also tree pollens and weeds is what gives me my most trouble

Image_thumb
566 Posts
Jun 26, 2013 4:39am
via iOS
I'm allergic to pollen and dust. Whatever you do not use 'breathe right' strips...i tried them for my stuffy nose....waste of money!!
Fullsizeoutput_9c0_thumb
667 Posts
Jun 26, 2013 7:34am
via iOS
Damn dude you first need to sort out your allergies before you exercise. Go to a doctor....
Fullsizeoutput_9c0_thumb
667 Posts
Jun 26, 2013 7:35am
via iOS
Imagine do shoulder presses and you sneeze in between your reps you can snap your neck up like that

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51