Football Fitness

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
40 Posts
Jun 28, 2013 3:40am
via iOS
Sharing what I do with the help of professional football coaches and sports scientists:

Morning before breakfast (fasted cardio) + thermogenic + abdominal fat burn cream

Breakfast is porridge and eggs + vitamin supplements + ideal if includes phosphytadyl + basil + Glutamine recovery powder

Snack on apple

Training before lunch (one of: strength, endurance, interval,
football speed, football technical, football conditioning) + Creatine, BCAAs, Pre-workout exploder e.g. Grenade .50cal

Lunch chicken/rice/veg, steak/sweet/potatoe, salmon salad + HCl + joint supplements + basil

Snack on nuts or have a small salad

Before dinner (one of: strength, endurance, interval,
football speed, football technical, football conditioning) + Creatine, BCAAs, Pre-workout exploder e.g. jack3d + beef protein recovery shake after

Dinner chicken/salad, steak/sweet potatoe, salmon/tuna salad + HCl with pepsin + basil

Before bed (challenges like 50 push-ups for 30 days, usually a bit of abs or extra arm work) + ZMA + pro-biotic + casein shake

3ltrs of water minimum each day.

In between these activities I need to fit in small-sided football matches twice per week, pilates twice and physio session once a week.

Image_thumb
63 Posts
Jun 28, 2013 3:57am
via iOS
Does the ab fat burn cream work? I have a friend that is thin and has abs but he is un motivated bcus he has trouble losing the stomach fat.
28 Jun
AMIX do an insane ab cream but it burns and isn't for everyone. I notice difference when I stop using it for a couple weeks so it has benefits.
Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Jun 28, 2013 4:55am
via Android

Seems like alot of strenght and conditioning vs football specific training. And the before bed workouts seems like something you can easily not do. Since i dont believe they will give any benifit. But overal looks good clean and very intense!

Image_thumb
40 Posts
Jun 28, 2013 12:48pm
via iOS
Depends on his diet, if he's not eating 100% clean he can't expect 100% results. Fasted cardio and HIIT can help blast away belly flat, he might want to take thermogenics, and any natural cortisol busters. Getting a six pack is as much about nutritional education as it is about training technique and intensity... If he's a friend of yours, buy him Joe Warner's book The 12 Week Plan written with Nick Mitchell from UP Fitness.
Image_thumb
40 Posts
Jun 28, 2013 12:57pm
via iOS
Thanks Rappa! To be more specific, I do: 4 x 60min base endurance runs at level 2 , 1 x interval level 2 and 4 for 3mins each x 4 twice with 2min rest. 2 x footy speed/tech (combined) 1 x footy cond/tech (combined) 2 x legs/lower body strength 2 x pushing strength 2 x pulling strength Focus is largely on building base endurance without losing on strength I will need for next phase of training once endurance tests come in at elite levels - 6-12 weeks of working on this and I think I could be ready for next stage of development. We'll see.
28 Jun
Looking good
Image_thumb
40 Posts
Jul 11, 2013 11:54pm
via iOS
Intensive Endurance

Cardio-Vascular Endurance for Football Fitness
The level of an individuals cardio-vascular (CV) endurance fitness is a good signifier of how well their heart and lungs work together to supply the body with oxygen. Endurance is basically the ability to delay the onset of fatigue during periods of exercise or training, which is crucial of football fitness. There are two types of endurance that ideally a footballer will have; aerobic and anaerobic (speed) endurance. The terms aerobic and anaerobic relate to the oxygen used by the body during the activity.

Aerobic based movements are continuous and occur over a period of time, such as jogging, with the aid of oxygen, so improving an individuals’ aerobic endurance will mean that a football player's body can more efficiently transport oxygen around the body and to the cells and muscles that require it.

Anaerobic movements are conducted in short bursts and do not use oxygen during their completion, an example of an anaerobic movement would be sprinting.

Due to the nature of movement in football it is crucial that football player's have good aerobic systems so that they are able to continue working at the desired level for the entirety of the match, however throughout the match the player will be required to sprint, jump (etc) so a good level of anaerobic endurance is also required, so that they can continually carry these motions when required. Football fitness training should therefore be designed to improve both of these bodily systems and functions.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51