posture and slouching

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
92 Posts
Jul 6, 2013 3:59pm
via iOS
I've noticed that I slouch and dont have good posture . how do you fix that?
06 Jul
Hi. I have the same problem. The physiotherapist I saw recently put some tape to help to correct the posture but its not the long term solution. She said the most important thing is to be aware and correct yourself until it becomes a habit
08 Jul
okay thanks I've been trying to stay aware of it today and it helps!
Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Jul 6, 2013 6:16pm
via Android

There are a few real common mistakes that everyone makes but are quite 'easy' to fix.

The first one is feet placement. Always walk with your feet traight forward. This is better for your knees your ankles and your hip. At the same time bringing all those in a better position will increasy your spine position. Also it will be harder to to sloach when your feet are facing forward.

Activation of your posterior chain. The activation of your posterior chain kind of forces you to keep a (more) neutral spine position. When i walk with a backpack i really notice this myself. When my posterior chain is lose and not supporting me my back goes into a bad position and my chest just wants to go down.

This are just two points that i work on the increase my own walkig/sitting and all other moving.

Image_thumb
92 Posts
Jul 7, 2013 9:30pm
via iOS
always get great advice from you two :) I don't have a barbell for deadlifts but ive been using bags of grout and cement that my dad has from building houses and stuff is that okay? I also use those bags for squats since I only have 10lb dumbells lol
08 Jul
Im not really sure. The gripping for deadlifts will be hard. I personally *think* you have to round your shoulders and upper back too much to deadlift with those bags but i am not 100% sure without seeing it in real life hehe.
10 Jul
sounds intense I totally pictured you doing that lol
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jul 7, 2013 10:55pm
via Android

In the military we were always told to stand proud which means to keep your head up high. Trust your feet and keep your head and chin up. You'll look more confident too.

Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Jul 8, 2013 1:24pm
via Android

If you want to deadlift bags put the bag upright so you can keep your back straigt and the shoulders behind the weight.

09 Jul
I tried this earlier and it worked great I just made sure I kept my head up so my back would stay straight. thanks for your help rappa :)
Image_thumb
92 Posts
Jul 9, 2013 3:15am
via iOS
thanks for your help! I just did a workout that had dead lifts in it and it worked out great!
09 Jul
Great!
09 Jul
09 Jul
Greater!
10 Jul
greatest!
11 Jul
Thanks for the compliment
Image_thumb
157 Posts
Jul 9, 2013 4:51am
via Android

From your current picture I can correct your posture in one suggestion: date a taller man.
I am kidding, but I believe that taller people have more of a tendency to slouch because we have to look down during a conversation (or slow dancing.)

09 Jul
haha thats actually a girl lolol but I won't tell her u said that
09 Jul
Hahaha damn hehehehe
09 Jul
I just noticed because of the picture that you are pretty tall. :-)
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jul 9, 2013 5:00am
via Android

Not sure if its true but I heard laying on your back for an hour or two everyday helpsā™„

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51