Lower back exercises to strengthen?

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
92 Posts
Jul 9, 2013 4:46pm
via iOS
anybody know of any good lower back exercises? if I bend over for long periods of time my back really hurts and I'd like to strengthen it.
09 Jul
Supermans, upward facing planks, & probably squats with weight too.
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Jul 9, 2013 5:33pm
via Android

Bent over barbell and dumb rows work well, lower back extentions as well as dead lifts. Also squats with a bit of weight on your shoulders. Look at core exercises as well like mason twists or knee/leg lifts.

Image_thumb
70 Posts
Jul 9, 2013 6:51pm
via Android

Straight leg dead lifts. Just make sure to keep the weight lower, anx remember to always keep your back straight.

Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Jul 9, 2013 8:55pm

I think it will keep hurting whenever you bend over for long period of time. In my experience strenghtening is a part of the solution but it will never fix it completely. Bending over for a long time puts pressure on your lower back, whatever you train that pressure will be put on those muscles. So keeping a good lowerback and spine position is also really important in not making your muscles cramp and contract constantly.

Deadlifts are for me the most superiour exercise for strenghtening the lower back.

Image_thumb
20 Posts
Jul 9, 2013 9:00pm
via iOS
Deadlifts definitely
Image_thumb
63 Posts
Jul 9, 2013 9:43pm
via iOS
Try doing "Supermans" lay on a bench with your legs and arms stretched out
Image_thumb
92 Posts
Jul 10, 2013 12:01am
via iOS
how often should I do all these and how much?
10 Jul
Depends on how you train (intensity,weight loaded) and what the ultimate goal is.
10 Jul
I just want to strengthen my lower back so I think I need to do some core work as well. I workout atleast 3 days a week sometimes more I just have back/hip problems so they hurt alot. so I figured if I strengthen my back and core it would improve it slightly atleast until I get old and can't workout anymore lol
Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Jul 10, 2013 8:53am
via Android

I dont see any problem in you doing lower back training two times a week. Just dont go all out two times a week just on lower back. That would be an overkill.

11 Jul
okay lol so moderately two times a week :)
11 Jul
Well if you plan on training with weights your muscles need time to recover. Its not like a cardio thing which you can easily do everyday
Image_thumb
41 Posts
Jul 11, 2013 7:16pm
via iOS
Partial dead lifts.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51